s i x t e e n

🌿🌻🌿

「7/6歳 continued

A few days after settling back from their camping trip, Joshua Dun got horrible news that his best friend, his little love was bed ridden with a fever and had thrown up three times in the amount of two hours.

The curly haired brunet was absolutely terrified for his cherry cheek brunet, and he needed to see him that moment. But, his parents were the ones to say no, because they didn't want Tyler to get even more sick, or to have Joshua get sick himself.

With tear-filled eyes and a small tantrum, he flung himself on his bed, crying his eyes out until he got the soft, hesitant, broken voice, echoing through his ears like red velvet.

"J-Jishwa? Ov'r."

Joshua's eyes widened, grabbing the contraption fast and pulling to his mouth as he pushed the button harshly. "Ty-Ty, I'm here, Ty-Ty, I'm here. Over."

And there was a long pause, and Joshua was worried with every second he waited, but that's all he needed to do, was wait.

"H-Hi, Jishwa. Ov'r."

"Hi, Ty-Ty." He sniffled, wiping away the extra tears that fell down his face with his arm, and off his chin. "Hi, what... How're you feeling? Over."

"Tummy hurts... It doesn' like me right now and my body, it feels like fire. Ov'r."

"M'so sorry, Ty-Ty." Joshua sobbed out, gushing as he continued. "I wish I was there to hug you, and kiss your forehead and make you all better! Over."

"Why're cryin', Jishwa? Ple'se don' cry. Ov'r." Tyler said exhaustingly, eyes closing slowly as his breath slightly had even.

"Because you're in pain, and I don't want you to be. I'll take it away, Ty-Ty, I pinky promise. Over."

And Tyler giggled, his cherry cheeks rising in its heavy heat and a cough escaping his mouth as he wheezed. "You're silly, Jishwa."

It was soft and barely there, and it didn't help keeping the tears in because all Joshua wanted to do was rush over and help Tyler get better.

He wanted to see his little love smile.

"Don' worry, Jishwa, mommy sai' I'll be better soon." Tyler breathed, a reassuring tone in his voice as his eyes fell with heavy sleep. "Mommy sai' I'll get better, she promise."

And it was silent for a long time, Joshua couldn't contain his soft cries as his best friend fell asleep, tone sleepy until the end, but he pressed the button on the side of his dear contraption, voice unsteady.

"I-I love you, Ty-Ty."

💫

Joshua kept trying to talk to Tyler, but all he would get in return was harsh breaths and groans. It absolutely ruined the curly brunet because his parents still wouldn't let him go over to help his little love get better.

He found out a few days later that Tyler was rushed to the hospital, and was staying there until he got better.

Joshua was devastated.

He wailed into his mother's neck that as she carried him in her arms and rocked him, humming a soft tune to calm him. Joshua's father sat on the couch with his head in his hands, and eyes red.

They were worried too, but they couldn't  compare it to Tyler's own parents who haven't been home since they rushed Tyler to the hospital.

"T-Ty-Ty sai' he was gonna get better!" He cried, fist tight in his mother's hair and she let out a soft sob, kissing her son's soft, red cheek.

"Tyler's with professional help, baby, he's going to get better there, I promise you." She desperately tried to soothe, rubbing her boy's back as he continued to cry.

"It's not fair, it's not fair." And his voice crumbled, eyes tight shut as the water seeped through, unstoppable and sad. "Ty-Ty is too sweet."

🔅

They were allowed to visit a few days after Tyler was admitted, and Joshua couldn't have been more excited. He was finally going to see his little love and see his beautiful smile, and heavenly giggle.

And he did, rushing right through the heavy door, with the help of his father, he saw bright eyes and innocent voice seeping through his small ears like velvet ice cream.

"Jishwa!"

Joshua couldn't help the tears rushing down his face, trying his best to catch the side of Tyler's bed and with the help of Tyler's mother, onto it. Their hands quickly entwined, forehead pressed together and Tyler, in seconds, was wrapped in Joshua's arms, a sob escaping the older boy.

"I missed you so much, Ty-Ty." Joshua cried, rubbing his face into Tyler's and getting the same response as the cherry cheek brunet began to show watery eyes, and soft breaths against his best friend.

"I-I missed you too, Jishwa."

And they hugged tightly to one another, never letting go as their parents whispered softly behind them, words of worry and questions that were left answered, stunned.

"Tyler's fever was so strong, we were so scared that it could've been something worse, and we just needed to take him here, you know? Just to be safe."

But, innocent ears were left unheard, too wrapped up in their own world and soft whispers escaping them.

"Is it fine that Joshua-" Joshua's father was cut off, her voice present in their ears.

"It's fine, his fever and his nausea has suppressed, the doctor said he'll be able to go home tomorrow." She wiped her tears as her smile slowly appeared before the two boys, her husband sat idly, rubbing her back as she continued. "I can see that they've missed each other, though. I'm not gonna take that away."

Joshua made sure to repeat his gentle words against Tyler's temple, kissing him repeatedly as well, between said words and a soft escaping the both of them as the laid carelessly against one another.

"You're never leavin' my side, Ty-Ty."

And Tyler giggled, the sound that made Joshua's heart throb.

🌿🌻🌿