t h i r t y e i g h t

🌿🌻🌿

「13/12歳」

The night chill air seemed to seep inside the crevices of his window, almost cooling the warm air that surrounded him, and he noticed well, noticed how it didn't bother him. The only reason to this, was because his little love slept right next to him, tiny arms tightly around his waist, and flushed face smooshed into the warmth of his neck.

Joshua found himself smiling, his fingers bring the delicate, chocolate curls between the pads and twirling it before running through the warmth of them. A soft hum escaped Tyler's throat, his face nuzzling into Joshua's touch, and the curly brunet let a laugh tumble from his lips.

"Ji-Jishwa, m'tryin' to sleep, your birthday party is tomorrow and I need all the energy for it." Tyler said tiredly, smiling his pristine little cheeks off. "Wanna make your day the happiest."

"I know." Was all Joshua said before planting his lips gently upon Tyler's warm forehead.

"If you know, then you should be asleep too, birthday boy." Tyler yawned, eyes never fluttering open as he breathed in Joshua's lavender scent.

"Can't when you're sleeping so beautifully next to me."

The cherry cheek brunet's smile grew, all sleepily, and the hue of his cheeks flushing more opaque. "Go to sleep, lover boy."

"Gimmie a kiss first." Joshua mumbled, resting his forehead against Tyler as the boy giggled, eyes finally fluttering open and doe-eyes appearing so angelically.

"One kiss and then it's sleepy time, okay?"

"'Kay." Joshua grinned, nodding delicately against the warmth of Tyler before puckering his lips and getting the most dainty kiss from his little love. Joshua couldn't help his next words though. "One more, daisy."

Tyler sighed, but he was smiling so heavenly, and he really couldn't resist his love. His lips set upon Joshua's a bit longer, getting a hum from the older boy as he pressured further, and getting another giggle from the cherry cheek brunet.

"You're going to kiss off my lips one day, Jishwa."

The curly brunet only smiled, the fingers that were tangled in Tyler's chocolate curls, scratched upon his scalp in a soothing way, where Tyler curled and hummed happily. "I love you, Ty."

"I love you too, Jishwa."

And it was quiet for a moment, Tyler's eyes fluttering closed as he rested against his love, and Joshua, well, Joshua wasn't asleep. He was making these eyes at Tyler. The adoration running through his veins for this boy, and beating in his heart that was telling him that what this was, what they were, was entirely breathtaking views and the chill on a winter morning. They were vast, blue skies, and the warm sand upon your feet. The smell of lavender in the night, and the smell of honey in the morning. They were soft whispers, gentle giggles, and delicate kisses. They were warm hugs, and hot chocolate on Christmas morning.

They were them, and that was what mattered.

And Joshua loved every second.

"You're not asleep, sunshine." Tyler giggled, clearing any thoughts that Joshua had, and getting a happy sigh from him. "What's wrong?"