t w e n t y

🌿🌻🌿

「8/7歳 continued

Joshua's little love's tummy was filled with blissful happiness. The rumbles of butterflies that rose to his throat, but in reality, it was just the yummy chocolate chip pancakes that Momma Dun had prepared for the two happy boy's.

The curly brunet was on cloud nine, though, mochá eyes filled with serene as he listened to the smaller boy express his love for his mother's cooking; hands tightly strewn together like always.

"Momma Dun always makes the best pancakes!" And although he couldn't catch himself quick enough, with his other small hand, he pressured it against his red bitten lips. "Oh no, don't tell mamá I said that."

Joshua smiled a lovely smile. A smile filled with joy and adoration for his little love. "Of course I won't, Ty-Ty."

And it grew silent, a captivating silence between the two that always shared their peaceful atmosphere, and minds swirling with intoxicating content. They walked thoughtfully, not minding the chilling cold feathering their faces because Joshua made sure before they left for the creek that they bundled up, assuring Tyler wore two coats and his trusty, knitted, light pink scarf. He looked cute, if Joshua were to be honest, but Joshua always thought that Tyler looked cute, beautiful even.

Perfect.

"D'you think our tire swing is there, Jishwa?"

The curly brunet looked to the cherry cheek boy, and giggled, pulled Tyler close as the boy squeaked in his arms. "Our tire swing will definitely be there, Ty-Ty."

Tyler giggled, that tone, oh, that beautiful tone, and all while pressuring his cold nose into Joshua's warm neck. "Will you scare away the spider's for me?"

"Always."

Joshua didn't miss a beat.

But, they walked, one pair of orbs more careful than the other, but attentive enough to notice the warm hands guiding his small body. Joshua was always protective of Tyler, and the cherry cheek brunet always noticed it.

He didn't mind.

Tyler and Joshua arrived quickly, their feet following the dead leaves and minds whirling with surprise. Their tire swing was still there, and in dandy shape.

"Check for spiders, please, Jishwa." Tyler mumbled, eyes raking the soft of Joshua's face, only to be returned with a confident expression.

"Don't worry, Ty-Ty."

And Tyler grinned, a heavy red rushing through his cheeks as he pulled his hands behind his back, watching Joshua check inside the tired, shaking out the excess dead leaves, and water that conjured up in there over time.

"It's all safe, bub." Joshua grinned, heart beating fast as Tyler's eyes lit up and rushed to fit his body in the tire. He was smaller than the damn thing, so it was an easy fit, but it meant that he had to hold on extra tight.

"Ready?"

"Not too high, remember!"

The memories were filled with laughs and endearing jokes that could escape their minds, they always brushed it off with smiles.