s i x

🌿🌻🌿

「6/5歳」

"C'me in, Jishwa, c'me in! Ov'r!"

"Ty-Ty?" He breathed after grabbing the contraption, eyes tired as they desperately were sealed shut with sand, or medically concerning, eye discharge, but that didn't matter. Joshua looked to his clock, surprised by the time, his voice was written with worry as he continued. "What're you doin' up so e'rly? S'tw'lve in the mornin'. Over."

And the giggle.

Even if the frequency was a bit low, he could still here the soft breath, and timid squeak. Heaven in his ears and adorning every part of his soul.

"Wan'ed to be the first person to say happy bir'hday to you. Ov'r."

And oh gosh was Joshua Dun absolutely swooning over his little love, even though he didn't quite know what that meant yet, but Joshua's chest hurt and he was grinning, the apples of his cheeks squishing his tired eyes as they grew red from the heat in them.

"Happy six'h bir'hday, Jishwa."

"T'ank you, Ty-Ty."

💫

The two families that day decided that it would be fun if they took the boys to a waterpark for a Joshua Dun's party, along with inviting some friends as well. Now it being a little close to summer, days began to grow warmer in San Diego, so it was a perfect day to go out and swim.

And the two were just giggling and squealing on the way there. They were playing the cliché games you would play in the car, but then chattering furiously about which superhero was better, Joshua said Superman, while Tyler said Captain America; Tyler won that argument because he always does, the brunet with innocent smiles always did in the end. Joshua never wanted to make Tyler cry, so he would always sacrifice his rights for wrongs for the cherry cheek brunet.

"Ty-Ty?" He softly said once they finally got to the waterpark, and the boy turned to him with excited eyes, his smile big and bright, and oh, Joshua's little heart could not take. But he pushed it away, holding out his hand for Tyler's. "Make sure you stay close to me, and neva' leave my side, 'kay?"

Tyler's chocolate doe-eyes looked so clear then, just like they did when they met, and just like they did when that nasty little boy had called him mean names, and his eyes were just so glassy. But the cherry cheeked boy only nodded, tightly entwining their fingers together to hold one another's hands as if they were a lock. "'Kay, Jishwa."

When the family found a spot, just in the corner of the park, they all sat down to prepare for the big day. And there was a lot people around, and the noise of screaming kids was still apparent.

But they didn't mind.

So, after settling down, their mother's were getting the small area ready for the party, and father's were making sure their sons had lathered themselves in sunscreen, only helping them where they couldn't reach. Tyler's father then helped young brunet with his light blue floaties, while Joshua watched with a giggle, poking the floaties when they were finally done and on Tyler's tiny arms.

"Go have fun, boys, we'll be watching, okay?" Joshua's father softly said, and the boys were off  with yells of excitement, of course after kicking their shoes to the side.