f i v e

🌿🌻🌿

「5歳 continued

Joshua's eyes burst open, a little groggy, but they were swell with excitement. He quickly flung the warm, navy blue blankets off his small body and jumped down.

"Perfect landin'!" He squealed, shoving his little arms in the air, fingers spread wide and in his mind, a crowd roared like thunder for him.

The squeaky sound of his door opening caught his gaze, and suddenly, the roar was quieted down to meet his mother and her most gracious smile. "Morning, sweetheart, wanna know what day it is, or do you already know?"

"Christmas Eve!" Joshua yelled, his voice an office lower as he ran to his mother side, and her fingers found warmth in his soft curls, her smile growing bigger.

"Yes! You're so smart!" She giggled, patting his head as she went to pick him up. "Now, what do smart boys get?"

"Cookies!"

"Right again! You're on a roll today, my love."

And they ventured out of the curly brunet's room, but before they could reach the stairs, Joshua called out frantically.

"Wait, mommy!"

And she widened her eyes, quickly heading back to grab the contraption that held control over his heart. "Oh right, my bad, honey."

"S'okay, mommy." He grinned, and making grabby hands at the walkie-talkie. Joshua pressed the button, a small fuzz as he opened his mouth. "Ty-Ty, you awake?"

The both of them finally joined the rest of the family downstairs, his father grinning when he saw the two.

"Jishwa? Ov'r." The voice echoed, tired but oh-so-heavenly to the curly haired brunet, and in the families ears, they all grinned with glee as Joshua squealed, his mother setting him down on one of the dining table chairs.

"Mornin', Ty-Ty!" He let go of the button.

"Y-You're supp'sed to say ov'r! Ov'r!"

"Ah! I keep forgettin', Ty-Ty, m'sorry! Over!" Joshua laughed, letting go of the button again.

"S'okay, Jishwa. What're you doin' today? Ov'r."

"Hangin' out with you! Over."

"Nonsense! You gotta be with your fam'ly! Ov'r."

"You're my fam'ly too! C'me over! Over."

And it was silent for awhile, Joshua staring intently at the walkie-talkie in his hands, but suddenly being startled by the timid voice that rattled his tiny, little heart.

"M'fam'ly?"

"Fam'ly." Joshua reassured, not missing a beat as his thumb pressed tightly against the button on the side of the heavenly contraption. The curly brunet's stared wide at their son, because gosh, they knew.

They've always had.

"M'coming ov'r. Ov'r."

"I'll be waitin', Ty-Ty. Over and out!"

💫

"Ty-Ty, you gotta reach high'r or you're neva' gonna reach 'em!"

"M'tryin', Jishwa, I promise!" And the younger was, he was reaching as far as he could to get the cookies from the cookie jar that was placed so tempting on top of the fridge.

"Reach!" Joshua giggled, hands tightly around Tyler's shins as he tried to stand on his tippy-toes with the small, light boy on his shoulders.

"Reachin'!" Tyler giggled back, the tips of his fingers swiping the glass jar, and finally pushing towards the side edge. "There! Now get me onto the count'r, Jishwa!"

"Boys? What're you doing?"

"Abort! Abort! Abort!" Joshua screamed, holding Tyler tighter as the boy cradled closer to him, grasping like his life depended on it, and to be honest, it did. They ran away, speeding out the other doorway of the kitchen, where they tumbled and landed on the soft carpet of the hallway.

Tyler yelped, laughing loudly as the curly haired brunet leaned his head on Tyler's leg, laughing loudly along with him. Joshua crawled slowly next to Tyler, laying his head against the cherry cheeked boy.

"T'at was a close one!"

"V'ry close!"

And they looked to one another, one's fluttering slightly as their laughter died down, and the most prettiest smiles adorning their small faces.

"Fam'ly, Ty-Ty." Joshua held out his pinky for Tyler, and the cherry cheek boy tightly connected his own pinky, their promise official.

"Fam'ly, Jishwa."

🌿🌻🌿