t w e n t y t w o

🌿🌻🌿

「8歳 continued

With his heart in his throat, Joshua wiped away the sweat from his brow as he strategically placed the daisy shaped cookie cutter against the soft dough. Momma Dun watched him carefully, incase he needed any help, eyeing the way his small hands shook from the constant tingles that pervaded his bones.

"You're doing wonderful, Joshua, Tyler is going to absolutely gush over them." She encouraged, giving Joshua the gentlest eyes, and Joshua grinned, pressing the cutter until there was no more room to press.

"I can't wait to see Ty-Ty's smile." Joshua dreamily said, setting the object aside to take the some of the excess dough, and placing it in his mouth.

And Momma Dun looked to her son, smiling as she ran a hand through his mocha curls. "You really love Tyler, sunshine?"

Joshua gasped, nodding vastly and jumped on the balls of his feet, against the small stool he stood on. "Of course I do, momma! Ty-Ty's going to be my wife."

She giggled, kissing his temple as he placed the daisy shaped cookies on the set pan, eyeing them as he gave them each their space.

"Tyler's going to be a pretty bride then."

The curly haired boy hummed, mumbling as his eyes glowed with adoration for the cookies. "The prettiest bride a husband could ever ask for."

"How're you gonna propose?" She questioned, slowly pouring white icing in a plastic bag.

"With a daisy, silly." Joshua giggled, peering up to his mother as she gave him a stunned emotion, an angelic smile placing upon her face as she quickly finished up.

"How lovely, sunshine." And Momma Dun held back the small tears that threatened her eyes, sighing heavily as she started to fill the green icing in the plastic bag.

With a push through her throat, she cleared it, eyeing her beautiful son before opening the oven. "Ready to put the cookies, baby?"

"Yes!" Joshua screamed, giggling as his voice cracked again and getting a hearty laugh from his father, who was in the living room, relaxing.

"My boy is getting older, I hear!" He yelled back at them, making Momma Dun burst out in laughter as she put the cookies in the oven.

"Hopefully not too fast." She spoke, pinching his cheek, making the small boy whine and desperately pushed his mother's hand away.

"Mama, m'not a baby anymore!"

"Well, you're my baby still, so!" She whined back, pulling her eight year son close, and giggling as he tried to push away, but failed, tightly hugging his mother back.

"You're right, momma, I'm sorry, I'll always be you're baby."

"And you'll always be my kiddo!" Joshua's father screamed from living room.

Dearest.

💫

Joshua watched desperately as Tyler pranced around their third grade classroom, an angelic smile on his cherry cheeks, putting in the pink theme'd valentines gifts he got for everyone, and humming softly against the beat the echoed in their small ears. Everybody was scattered, but their hands were twined tightly together, and in their own little world as the innocent faces passed by them.

His little love didn't seemed fazed, finally finishing up the last of his gifts, and surprising his natural born enemy with nothing.

"Why didn't I get any, Ty?!" The boy pouted, making Tyler only looked down, one of his hands tightening in his shirt, and reluctantly meeting the boy's dark eyes.

"D-Didn't have enough."

Joshua pulled his little love closer.

Brendon pouted, but scoffed nonetheless, mumbling. "Then I should get a kiss instead."

Joshua fumed, pulling Tyler behind him and poking the dark eyed boy in the chest. "He isn't giving you a kiss, butthead!"

Brendon gasped, face written with anger. "He owes me a kiss!"

"No, he doesn't!"

"J-Jishwa, not again." Tyler whined, desperately trying to pull the boy towards him. "Please, l-let me just show you what I got you.

And quickly as Tyler said, Joshua pulled them away, ignoring the remarks from the older boy, who seemed to be long forgotten in Joshua's mind as he was focused on what Tyler got him, his own present burning in his front pocket.

"M'sorry, Jishwa." Tyler softly said as they retreated to the empty book corner, and bean bag's relieving their tired bodies. The sound of loud laughter filled their ears, a soft beat rumbling through their bodies, and Joshua looked to his little love like he was his world, because goddammit, he was.

"You never have to be sorry, Ty-Ty. Brendon is just a butthead, don't listen to him, listen to me, 'kay?"

"'Kay." The cherry cheek boy giggled, nodding along with his words as he pulled himself closer to his love, and giving him his angelic smile. "So, please don't laugh at me when I give you this, okay?"

Joshua grinned, twining their fingers together as he nodded. "You know I'll never laugh at you, Ty-Ty."

"Okay, well..." The cherry cheek boy trailed off, digging in his pocket as he pulled out the clear wrapped bag, tied with a blue and red ribbon, and adorned with Superman shaped cookies inside.

Joshua gasped loudly, carefully taking the delicate things in his hands as Tyler passed him them and his eyes grew weary with tears, making his little love give him worry-filled eyes.

"J-Jishwa?"

"I love them so much, Ty-Ty." He said, putting the cookies to the side before pulling Tyler into a tight hug. "I love you."

Tyler giggled, a pitch so pretty as he hugged his love back. "I love you too, Jishwa."

As the two angel's pulled away, Joshua reached inside his pocket, pulling out a bag filled with daisy shaped cookies, making his little love gasp from surprise.

"J-Jishwa, no way!" Tyler looked amazed as he grasped the clear bag, and eyes shining. "Daisy's?!"

"Of course, daisy."

And Tyler snapped his eyes to his best friend, setting the cookies carefully down next to them before tackling Joshua, making his bean bag tumble and giggling as they hit the floor softly.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," He breathed, "I love you so much, Jishwa!"

"I love you too, so, so, so much."

With that, Joshua kissed Tyler's temple, relishing in the warmth his little love gave, the beat in his heart and the blaring in his ears as it was filled to the bring with the pitch that he adored so much.

"M-May I kiss you, T-Ty-Ty?"

🌿🌻🌿