Chapter 20 - Spontaneity

“Um, I should go.” Marcel says after we finish the film, which is quite long. “It's nearly time for dinner, and I still have to finish my homework.” He gets off of my bed and starts to pack everything into his backpack while I sit and watch.

“Okay. I'll drive you. It's cold out there and you know it.” I offer and he smiles as he nods. I put on my shoes and we leave my room. He and I walk down the stairs, eyeing Jake and my brother being obnoxious in the living room. They catch our stares as we make it to the bottom.

“Aww, Marcel, where you goin'?!” Jake asks teasingly.

“Shut up Jake. I'm taking him home.” I speak up for the scared boy.

“How nice of you. Come back soon so you and I can have some fun, yeah?” He winks and I feel the bile rise in my throat, a familiar feeling around the exhausting pig. It's about as sickening as the fact that my older brother sitting next to him does absolutely nothing.

“Fuck off.” I sneer and Marcel lightly taps my leg, silently scolding me.

I get my keys and we walk out of my house immediately, trying to ignore the asshole in my living room yelling “goodnight faggot” to my best friend.

“Sorry about him.” I apologize for the ass as Marcel and I climb into my car. He only shrugs it off again, keeping his eyes fixed out the windshield.

“Would you let me off the hook this one time if I say he's a complete asshole and I fucking hate him?” I ask, starting up my car. I can see he fights a smile, but then a chuckle escapes him.

“Yes, because I agree with you.” I am slightly surprised, but I laugh as well while reversing out of my driveway.

“Tell your family I said hi.” I tell Marcel as I roll up to his home after a mainly quiet drive here.

“I'm sure they'll get a kick out of that.” He chuckles, bringing his backpack to his lap to pull out his keys.

“Go finish your homework.” I tease.

“You too... I'm serious, I know you didn't even start it.” He points a stern finger in my face and I nod in compliance.

“You are correct.” We laugh in unison and I am extremely stunned when he leans over the armrest between us to plant a sweet kiss to my lips. He pulls away almost immediately.

“I...I-I'm sorry. I didn't-” He starts to stutter, his cheeks redder than ever.

“It's okay, Marcel. Really.” I assure him and he gives me a small smile, though it's not to his full potential. His dimples don't even show themselves. I kiss his cheek to further show him that his spontaneous kiss is perfectly okay. He mumbles a quick goodnight before stumbling out of my car and he is quick to walk to his door and open the door. I notice him drop his keys because of his fumbling hands and let out a giggle. He shoots a small wave my way after finally getting the door open, before shutting himself in his house.

He's so cute when he's embarrassed.

       *Marcel's POV*

I am so stupid! I can't even believe I just did that! It was amazing, and felt so natural but I shouldn't have done that. And then I made the situation worse by rushing out of the car and running inside, dropping my keys in the process. She must think I'm such an idiot.

“Hi sweetie. Dinner's ready, wash up.” Mother greets me when I meet her in the kitchen. Robin is home already, and is sitting at the table, deep in conversation with Gemma.

I do as told, then quickly change into some more comfortable clothing before jogging to the kitchen where Mother is serving everyone already.

“Sorry I almost missed dinner. Sabrina and I were watching a movie. Lost track of time.” I tell my family as I join them at the table.

“It's alright sweetie. How is she?” Mother asks as she sits down as well.

“Good. She says hi.” I smile slightly and brighter smiles light up on all of their faces.

“Well, the next time you see her, tell her we say hi as well.” Mother winks.

“That Sabrina is a nice girl. You should invite her over for dinner one night, Marcel.” Robin says as he takes a forkful of mashed potatoes in his mouth, and I do the same.

“Yeah!” Gemma agrees, siding with our mother.

“Invite her over Friday night.” My mother joins in on the ganging up on me. “I'll make a big dinner, it'll be lovely!”

“Fine. As long as you all promise not to embarrass me! Especially you, Gem.” I point to my sister accusingly and she holds her hands up in surrender.

“We promise.” Mother agrees and I have no choice but to trust them. I suppose I'll ask her tomorrow morning.

--------------------

shit this was shorter than the last one...and I will eternally be shit at chapter titles.

Comment, vote, and don't forget to spread the word! :) 

Xoxo Sabrina