Chapter 52 - The Day After

*Marcel's POV*

Continuous ringing of the Marimba ringtone wakes me out of my peaceful slumber. I groan and rub my eyes lazily before running that hand all over my face. I make a few animalistic grumbles as I blindly reach for the phone on the beside table, my eyes not daring to open.

"Mm, hello?" I grumble into the phone, sleep still lacing my voice heavily.

"Who's this?" A girl giggles. I recognize the voice, I just can't be bothered to put the voice to a face. My eyes are still closed for heaven's sake...

"Marcel, who's this?"

"Eleanor. Um can I speak to Sabrina?" She laughs again and I hear Louis' voice as well. I open my eyes and see through blurry vision that I'm holding Sabrina's phone, in fact.

"Um yeah, sure." I feel myself blushing wildly. This is quite embarrassing.

I turn to the sleeping girl beside me, smiling uncontrollably. I realize her friend is still waiting for her, so I get to it. I lean down and kiss her cheek softly.

"Baby, wake up. Eleanor's on the phone." I whisper. Her eyebrows furrow tightly and I kiss the crease, her face softening. She was so peaceful, and I was able to kiss away the disturbance from her features. She flutters her eyes open slowly, big brown eyes meeting my green.

"Who?" She mumbles.

"Eleanor." I laugh. She puts her palm out to me and I set the white iPhone in her waiting hand.

"Hello?"

     *Sabrina's POV*

"Hello?"

"Why did Marcel answer the phone, so obviously just woken up?" Even not seeing her face, I can see the small smile she's wearing.

"Um we... He..." Why can't I just say he spent the night?

"That's okay. We'll talk about it later. What time should Perrie and I be there?"

Shit. That's right, the four of us girls were going to Topshop today!

"Umm...." I drag out the word, stalling as I check the time on my bedside table clock. 11:53. "Is one okay?"

That should give me enough time to shower, drop Marcel off and be ready when she picks us up.

"That's good! See you two then! Have fun with Marcel!" She chuckles that mousy giggle again and I shake my head with a smile, letting myself laugh with her.

"Oh my God, bye." I laugh again and hang up the phone. When I turn back to Marcel, he is sitting up with his glasses back on and shielding his eyes. That's it, he's getting contacts.

I sit up as well, holding up a flimsy sheet to cover my chest.

"Good morning." He grins widely and cheesily, his dimples saying their good morning to me too.

"Morning." I smile.

"Sorry I answered your phone. I thought it was mine."

"It's okay." I shrug; it was a bit embarrassing being caught but it's no big deal.

"To be fair, my eyes were closed when I picked it up."

I reassure him again that it was fine.

"So what are you doing today with Eleanor?" He asks curiously.

"I'm taking her, Perrie and Jade shopping today." He only nods, not showing any interest.

"You wanna come?" I joke and he wags his head in absolute refusal.