Chapter 27 - Teamwork

Sabrina's outfit on the side!! :) xx

---------------------------------------

        *Marcel's POV*

It's now Friday night, the night of the family dinner with Sabrina I've been both awaiting anxiously and dreading horribly. I know for a fact that my family will say anything that comes to mind to her, and it will end up being horribly embarrassing, but she will let out that giggle I love so much.

My mother insisted that I look fairly decent for tonight, even if we are just sitting at home like a regular dinner. So I put on a pair of my black slacks, and a nice baby blue colored button-up, ditching the tie that I'd normally wear with my button-ups like I do for school days. I laced up my black Oxford-style shoes and went to wait for Sabrina in my living room with the rest of my family while Mother cooks.

        *Sabrina's POV*

What on Earth do I even wear?! Marcel said his mom told him to look fairly decent for the night, does that mean I should too? I'll play it semi-formal tonight, just to be safe. After straightening my locks that I'd put up for earlier in the day this morning, I move on to touching up my makeup. Rummaging through my closet for at least ten to fifteen minutes, I finally decide on a nice, but not too nice, white dress and a pair of heeled ankle boots. I spritz on my favorite Victoria's Secret perfume and shove my phone into a small black leathery clutch. I grab my big coat and decide it's time I go. I flick off my light and skip down the stairs.

“Where you goin', looking all nice?” Zayn asks as I grab my keys.

“Dinner at Marcel's. Love you, bye!” I rush to answer, quickly planting a kiss to his cheek and running out of my house. It's not like I'm late, Anne said I could come at any time. I just want to still be able to spend some alone time with him before I get deep into a conversation with his family over dinner when the time comes.

The cold air whips at my face and what my coat doesn't cover over my bare legs and I rush to my car, managing to not slip on the water freezing to a thin sheet of ice on my driveway. While jamming subtly to a few tunes, I make the short trip to Marcel's house.

          *Marcel's POV*

Three taps on the door sound throughout my small house and I am a bit too quick to my feet and rush to the door before anyone can even blink.

“I'll get it!” I tell the obvious as I jog to the door. I take a few breaths with my hand gripping the knob, put on a smile and twist the knob. And there she is, standing in all her gorgeous glory.

“Wow...” I breathe out after my smile has fallen as I take her in with my eyes.

“Um, can I come in? I'm freezing.” She grins, almost teasing, but she is in fact shaking. I snap myself out of it and move aside and let the freezing girl in, her feet quick to skip into the warmth of my home. As I lock the door, she pulls off her coat, revealing her in a nice, white lacy dress that reaches mid-thigh, the sleeves cut quarter length. And her hair is straight now and cascading down her back, having been in a bun at school today. She looks so effortlessly beautiful, all the time, and I don't know how she does it.

“You look beautiful.” I say, immediately taking note of a soft blush that creeps up.

“Stop.” She laughs, obviously being modest, and she pushes past me softly, leaving me a smiling fool. Her own shy grin is still gracing her lips as she walks in to greet my family, and I follow her.