Chapter 47 - Opposites Attract?

*Marcel's POV*

I see Gemma and Mother in the same place as when we came in, sitting and watching some movie on TV. Looks like a chick flick, but I go in to join them anyways.

"Hi sweetheart! How was shopping with Sabrina?" Mother says, that sweet smile almost permanently etched onto her face at the mention of my friend...girlfriend? Friend.

"Fine." I shrug.

"I still can't believe you went shopping. If we had asked you, you'd be running for the hills." Gemma teases with a laugh, but it's true. I just don't see the fun in spending hours looking through clothes, trying them on, putting them back and finding another size if they don't fit, and then buying them. It's actually very tedious, but I held myself strong for this trip. For Sabrina. I couldn't resist if I wanted to.

Not to mention it felt so good to be able to say 'I love you' to her and to have her say it back with so much emotion, especially during our intimate time.

"Did you hear me?" I hear my sister say, just as I break out of my thoughts momentarily.

"No, sorry."

"What are you and Sabrina, like relationship-wise?" She pries, she and my mother forgetting about the sobbing girl on the screen of their dramatic TV movie.

"I don't know, to be honest." I sigh, and Gemma huffs.

"That's exactly what Sabrina said. One of you has to know!" She talked to her about this? And why is she so curious?

I guess that's Gemma for you, always the curious one.

"It's a bit complicated." I tell the truth. It's not saddening though. As much as I'd love to scream to the world that she's my girlfriend and I love her, I don't even know if we're at that title stage. I mean, we've confessed our love multiple times and made love, should that automatically make us a couple?

"Maybe they're not rushing it?" My mother shrugs, speaking and mentioning me and Sabrina in third person.

"I suppose not." I shrug.

"I hope you don't mind me asking this but have you and Sabrina... Had sex?" Gemma asks and I choke on the air around us, now suffocating me.

It's times like this that I hate how she's never afraid to say anything. Oh gosh, if she talked to Sabrina about this...

"Wh-What?" I hope my face and overall shaky voice doesn't give me away. My mother is sitting with us, for Pete's sake!

"You heard me." She says gently, giving me an assuring nod that I can tell her, my mother's expression and gaze matching it. I know that I can, in fact, tell them so I suck in a big breath.

"Yes." It actually feels good to tell somebody, the foolish grin back across my face, and I am unable to hide it.

Mother and Gem nearly jump for joy.

"I knew it! You were glowing when you walked in with her! It happened last night, didn't it?!" Gemma smiles, pushing for more.

Mother lays a hand on her knee, silencing her.

"Don't push it love. Let him explain what he wants." Gemma closes her mouth, but doesn't let the grin leave her lips as mother turns to me again.

"Were you safe?" I figured that's the first thing she'd ask.

"Of course." I see the not so subtle sigh of relief she expels.

"Do you love her?" She smiles softly, almost knowing ten thousand percent that I do.