Chapter 40 - Run-in With The Devil

*Marcel's POV*

I'm more than happy that Sabrina and I have made amends. I just couldn't keep her thinking that I was mad at her forever. And I was being immature, but I truthfully didn't know how to react to our fight the other night. I thought she'd be so angry that she wouldn't want to drive me to school, so I lied to my mom that she couldn't drive me and that I'd be walking. Walking in the cold sucked and I didn't expect to see Sabrina drive alongside me. Mother must have told her where I am, if she showed up to my house.

Anyways, it's now Wednesday and Sabrina and I are walking into school in the morning, about to meet up with Zayn and Louis in the cafeteria, and I expect Eleanor to be there with them.

I still have yet to see Jake, not that I want to see him. I do want to see whatever injuries Zayn may have caused him. I can only wonder if he was powerless under Zayn, just like I was when he continuously beat me up on more than one occasion.

But as Sabrina and I pass through the hall to make our way to the cafeteria, I spot Jake across the hall, and I faintly see a bruise on his jaw, much like mine, only worse. I quickly snap my attention to Sabrina.

“I'll meet you in the cafeteria.” I rush to say, averting my gaze from her confused one to Jake's hard one as he stares everyone in his way down.

“Um, okay.” She mumbles, and walks ahead of me to go meet our friends. I wait it out, leaning against a nearby wall casually, deciding to just read out of the first book I open in my hands, my math textbook.

It doesn't surprise me that the book soon is tumbling to the floor in a messy heap, the hand of my bully being the one to slap it down out of my hands. I sigh and look at his face. Not only does his jaw have a bruise like mine, but his left eye is blackened and slightly swollen, his lip decorated with a cut as well as his forehead. Geez, Zayn! It's as if Jake has been given everything he's given me, a taste of his own medicine, minus a knee to the junk. Maybe... Would Zayn take it that far?

“Morning fuckface. Have you held up your end of our little deal?” He smirks evilly at me, his height only slightly taller than mine, maybe half an inch. But his piercing blue eyes overrule our height difference, along with his built exterior.

That harsh nickname stung a bit though, causing a flinch to shudder through me.

“Y-Yes.” So the stutter's back, perhaps only specially for my tormentor.

“Good.” He praises slowly. “I don't expect to see her around you then?”

“No...” I mumble, trying not to look him in the eye, like Medusa. I'm afraid I'll turn to stone if I do.

“Good.” He repeats, giving my injured jaw a slight slap and I resist the urge to wince for him. It'll only satisfy him.

“See you 'round.” With that, he saunters off with his minions behind him, a random blonde in a skirt too short for winter and UGG boots clinging onto his arm. I shake my head at them and roll my eyes as I pick up my fallen math book, before betraying him and making my way to the cafeteria to meet my friends.

“Everything alright?” Sabrina quietly asks me as I take a seat next to her.

“Got a little held up with Jake. I'm fine.” I assure her, knowing she'll question me endlessly, asking if I'm hurt or okay. She only nods, unafraid to take a hold of my hand on my knee and intertwine our fingers together.

---------------------------------------

This chapter was wickedly short. I'll double update ya in about an hour or so. Chapter 41 will be sufficiently longer, and things will actually happen haha.

What does everyone think about Midnight Memories?! My favorites are Diana, You & I (that song has me crying rivers bro), Does He Know, Happily, Midnight Memories, and Half A Heart. That's a lot lol

Any questions, comments, suggestions, or thoughts leave them in the comments! And don't forget to vote!

Remember, don't be a ghost reader. 

Xoxo Sabrina