Chapter 22 - The Apology

*Sabrina's outfit link in the sidebar (it's the external link, under the cover picture and tags)

----------------------------------------

We finish dinner in simple conversation, and Angie offers to clean the table, and she does the dishes while I go up to my room to finally do my homework I've put off until now.

Just as I finish my Math and move on to the ridiculous essay I have due Friday in English, two knocks are sounded on my door.

"Come in!" I almost sing as I type my name at the top of the document. That's a good enough start, I think I'm done!

God, Marcel would surely kill me if he saw me do that.

Zayn breaks me from my thought of my friend as he peeks his head in the door after opening it.

"Can I come in?" He timidly asks, and I nod. He looks so innocent right now, and I am definitely intrigued. Maybe he'll tell me what his problem was tonight. He walks in my room fully, shutting the door behind him before plopping at the edge of my bed. I turn in my desk chair to face him.

"So, um, I just talked to Niall." He states.

"Did you?" I act as if I didn't know Niall would be having a chat with him. Zayn only nods.

"He told me he heard I've been acting like a dick." I'll kill that blondie!

"Zayn-" I breathe out his name to start an attempt at an explanation, but his hand facing me stops me.

"It's fine. I actually agree with the guy." What?

"What?" I voice my thought.

"I've been such a dick to you, and to Marnell."

"Marcel." I sigh, but I offer a small smile at his attempt to finally be nice.

"Sorry. But yeah, I guess I just got so caught up in being popular again that I didn't realize who I was hurting. Especially you."

"You may have been 'popular', but you could have also been nice. Like how we were back in Phoenix." I remind him. He ducks his head, staring at his fumbling fingers.

"I know, I know." He whispers through a sigh. He pauses for a moment before locking his hazel eyes with my brown ones.

"But you have to know I wouldn't hurt Marcel, not like how Jake did. I actually think Marcel is a nice kid." He shrugs and I smile.

"You haven't even spoken to the guy." I laugh, and so does he, the mood lightening slightly.

"Okay, so I haven't. But still, I wouldn't hurt him."

"I know that. Thank you."

"You can thank Niall for slapping me with a big, fat reality check." He smiled, and I suddenly want to hug the blonde boy!

"I'll be sure to give him a big sloppy kiss on the cheek for that when he comes." I laugh.

"But for now..." Zayn says and I squeal loudly when he basically attacks me and one of his own big sloppy kisses is landed to my cheek. He literally takes my whole face in his hands, my face squishing under the grip.

"Ugh! Gross!" I joke, wiping off a bit of his wet kiss from my cheek. He is in hysterics, and I soon join him.

"Love you sis." He says, going for the door.

"Love you more!" I yell truthfully, and he chuckles, leaving my room.

What a night. Marcel kisses me, Niall and Jade are coming in two weeks, and Zayn and I make up at last.