Chapter 25 - New Friendships

*Marcel's POV*

I was absolutely mortified when I had that erection, especially the way I reacted to it. I completely embarrassed myself further. Today was definitely strange and simultaneously humiliating.

I join my family for dinner ten minutes later.

“How was Sabrina's house?” Mother starts up the conversation of the inevitable.

Mortifying. Humiliating. Strange. Fun. Sexy.

NAKED GRANDMOTHER.

All that thought got me was an immediate loss of appetite.

“Fine.” I finally answer with a shrug.

“I'm so happy she's coming over for dinner on Friday.” Mother squirms in her seat. I almost forgot about that, what with everything that happened today. But I smile at her excitement. She's nothing different than Sabrina's enthusiasm this morning when she talked about her other best friends.

“She's excited too.” I say to make my mother feel better, even though it's true.

“That's wonderful.” She smiles brightly.

Dinner finishes with simple, idle conversation before I remember about Sabrina's offer for Christmas. As mom starts on the dishes, I lean against the counter to tell them of her offer, while we're still all together for the night.

“Um, so Sabrina offered to have us over for Christmas. Her friends' families will be there and she wants the four of us there as well.” I tell them straight-forward, not really knowing how else to start off.

“That'd be wonderful, but are her parents okay with us going over there? I don't want to show up with just an invitation by Sabrina and not her parents.” She says as she scrubs down a pan.

“I don't know, I'll ask. But can we go if her parents say yes?”

“Of course. I'd love for us to go.”

“Yes, thank you Mom!” I kiss her cheek and excitedly run off to my bedroom. I haven't gotten one bit of homework done and I am surprised I didn't go crazy. I guess I was too busy trying to wait out my awkward arousal's demise.

Today was honestly such a whirlwind!

****

The following day comes and it passes by so smoothly and quickly as well, and now we're at lunch. Zayn is sitting with us this time as we sit at what Sabrina and I claimed as our table in the lunchroom. It's not library day today.

Zayn was just telling us a funny story about how he pranked his Chemistry teacher, when a boy and a girl I've seen around school walk up to us, muttering things to each other.

“Um, hi.” The girl says, and the boy animatedly waves with a big grin.

“Hi.” Sabrina smiles sweetly at them; she's so kind, even to strangers.

“Um, I'm Eleanor Calder, this is my boyfriend Louis Tomlinson.” I knew these two were a part of the 'populars', but not the 'athletic populars', more like the 'social populars'. I always see them chatting with loads of people, always seeming so nice. And they haven't laughed at me in the hallways, but then again, if they were so social, they could have at least helped me once.

“Hi. I'm Sabrina Malik, this is my brother Zayn and this is my friend Marcel Styles.” She introduces us, gesturing to each of us as she does so, and Zayn and I awkwardly wave at the couple. Well, I awkwardly wave at them.

“Nice to meet you. We just saw you three sitting by yourselves and thought we'd invite you to sit with us.” The boy, Louis says.

Where were they when Sabrina and I sat by ourselves when it was just the two of us? Not that I don't enjoy Zayn's company...