Chapter 43 - Fall

"Right, we're going out!" Marie says just as Sabrina and I go up the stairs an hour later. The three sets of parents are all dressed up to go. How do Niall's and Jade's parents have the energy to go out and drink? I'm sure it was a long flight from Phoenix...

I see Angie is getting the keys to drive them, like a chaperone almost. I laugh a bit at the thought, while Sabrina waves them off and out the door, and then pulls me up the rest of the stairs.

I hear Niall and Jade giggling softly as we pass the guest room and Sabrina snorts a laugh.

"Would you two shut the fuck up, I'm trying to sleep!" Zayn yells into the hallway as he pokes his head out of his room.

Sabrina pulls me out of the craziness happening in the hall and into her room, shutting and locking us in.

"What was that about?" I ask as I sit on her bed and make myself comfortable almost immediately.

"Um, Niall and Jade are just having a little fun, I think." She slightly smirks and I shrug, dropping the subject.

"So what's this surprise?" I'm a bit anxious to say the least, even if I don't really like surprises.

"Wait 'til everyone's asleep." She perches herself on the bed and I find myself instinctively pulling her to lay with me.

"Oh come on! I don't like surprises, can't you just tell me?" I whine and she laughs, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

"You'll like this one. Well, I hope. But I can't tell you because it's not like a present or anything. Just wait." She finishes, and I can tell she's dropping that subject.

"Thank you for staying with me. I knew Niall and Jade would go off together and as you can see, Grumpy Zayn has come out for the night." We both chuckle; she's told me many times that when Zayn is tired or just woken up, he's a grouch. I've even seen it for myself, and it's not pretty.

"No problem. I don't appreciate you asking my mother before you ask me, however. What if I didn't want to stay?" I tease, a playful smirk playing on my lips and she gets her face out of my neck to look at me with a matching smirk, only slightly smaller.

"I knew you wouldn't say no."

"You're right." I whisper and she crashes her lips onto mine. I melt into her instantly.

Before we both get carried away, she pulls away and I actually pout at the loss. I realize I'm getting addicted to the feeling of her kiss; as if I wasn't addicted before!

"Later." She whispers, landing one more final peck on my lips before she gets off the bed to get pajamas out of the dresser in her closet.

"Do you need clothes?" She asks me from her closet.

"Yes please!"

She approaches from her walk-in closet that always amazes me, wearing a simple, matching tank top and shorts set. She is holding the same white t-shirt and plaid pants I wore my first night staying here.

"I washed and kept them from Zayn, just in case you stayed another night." I notice the slight blush that he tries to hide and I hold back my smile. I thank her quietly and go into her connected bathroom and quickly change. Just like the first night, I set my clothes neatly on her pink desk chair. I see her on her bed, strumming lightly on her guitar. I knew she played, and I saw the guitar sitting next to her piano keyboard when I first went into her room when we met.

I sit quietly next to her, watching the way her fingers move skillfully along the strings as she plays a random melody. She's quite good. She sighs and sets the guitar aside, smiling softly at me.