Designer

Mitch was behind the counter, when a blonde guy came in. He was one of the most attractive people to ever enter the store.

He was planning on making a move, until he saw him grab a women's blouse.

Oh... He has a girlfriend... Mitch thought.

"Oh, that will be $35.99, sir."

Scott handed him two twenty dollar bills, and while Mitch was getting the change, he spoke again.

"I'm sure your girlfriend will love it."

"Oh... Uh, yeah. Girlfriend." Scott was used to people assuming he was in a relationship with his best friend, but that's all they were. Best friends. He doesn't swing her way.

*****

When he got to his apartment, he immediately headed towards Kirstie's bedroom. She was really sick.

It wasn't the flu, it was way worse. Not Pneumonia, but still.

"I got you some meds, and a shirt. Just because." He threw the bag on her lap.

"Thanks, jerk."

"My pleasure. The guy who owns that store is really hot, so anytime." He sat on her bed.

"Did you get his number? Invite him to dinner, I don't know. Do something!" She shook Scott.

*****

After a few days of walking around the shop, and buying pointless things for Kirstie, he got his number.

Mitch was waking over to Scott and Kirstie's apartment. He was a little disappointed, since he wanted to be more than friends with Scott, but that would have to do.

"Hey!" He greeted, once he entered the apartment. "You must be Kirstie!"

"Yeah! You're Mitch!" They hugged.

"I'm here, too!" Scott came out of his room and Mitch's breath hitched. Scott was wearing a white tank top, black jeans, a beanie and some black frames.

When they were eating, Mitch decided to break the silence.

"So how long have you two been dating?"

Scott froze and Kirstie choked on her pasta. "We aren't dating."

"You aren't?" Mitch asked, confused.

"Mitch, can we talk? Alone?" Kirstie took the hint and left.

"You lied to me?"

"Um, yeah. I just... didn't know if you were homophobic, so I just played along." Scott explained.

"Scott! You could've just told me! You don't have to lie and crush my hopes." Mitch said, gesturing with his hands.

"Hopes?" Scott questioned.

"You're cute, and I wanted to make a move, but then you kept buying girl clothes, and I-"

Mitch was cut off by Scott's lips on his.