Target

A/N: LISTEN HERE YOU COLD BOWLS OF SOUP THIS IS IMPORTANT

This one shot is based on a BTS fic called "Walmart".

MAN O MAN IS IT A ROLLER COASTER

But yeah. I thought it was such a good part I had to remake a scomiche version so here it is!! I am,, excited hERE WE GO ALSO KEVIN SWEARS IN THIS ONE WHOOPS

UPDATE: THIS IS 1305 WORDS OF PURE CONTENT YOU'RE WELCOME I TOLD YOU I'D COME THROUGH WITH CONTENT.

********

Mitch didn't think working at Target would be such a life-changing thing.

He came into the interview sweating bullets. He talked and he could hear other voices snicker through the door. It was honestly incredibly nerve wracking to have other people judge your every word.

When he got hired, a guy called Avi welcomed him. He also introduced him to his friends Kirstin, Kevin, Jeremy, Nicole, and Scott.

"Scott has selective mutism. He chooses not to talk. Just don't ask him why he's mute. He won't answer and it's very personal. I don't think I've ever even seen him smile."

Mitch looked over at Scott. His face was stoic and emotionless.

"Kevin, what the fuck are you doing?" Kevin was about to use the intercom.

"Hello everyone, this is a random employee speaking. There is a child missing somewhere in the store and hopefully he stays lost... we don't need anymore little shits running around. Good day."

Mitch raised an eyebrow. How the fuck have any of these people not been fired yet?

Avi kept talking. "Ignore him. He's our very own stoner friend. Me and Kevin will be in the video and music part of the store, Kirstin, Jeremy, and Nicole are working in the checkout lanes, and you'll be with Scott in customer service. Don't worry, it's empty most days... except Thursdays for some reason... hm."

Mitch at first was confused as to why Scott, a mute person, was working in customer service, but that was a topic for another day.

***

They were in a sleep over.

Every Friday, their little seven person group did something together. This time, two weeks into Mitch working in Target, they did a sleepover in Nicole's apartment. Scott couldn't be there. Well, he could, but he said he was "too tired".

Everyone was dozing off after playing truth or dare. The worst game in existence. Jeremy dared Mitch to call Scott and tell him he was in love with him, in a convincing tone.

Scott and Mitch had been getting closer-- well, as close as you could with a mute person that doesn't even try to communicate with you. They been growing fond of each other. One night Scott called- yes, called- Mitch because he couldn't fall asleep. He texted that falling asleep to Mitch's heartbeat would help. Mitch even got Scott to laugh. To laugh!

Anyway, Mitch did call him and said so, but hung up immediately after.

That was a stupid idea.

He was closing his eyelids, resting his back on the bottom of the couch.

Bzz! Bzz!

His phone buzzed. It was a text from Scott. Oh no.

silent scottney: did you really mean what you said earlier? about being in love with me?