Can't Help Falling In Love

A/N: I'll make all those one shots but this one got the most votes so I'll do this one first.
Also lmao I never said it would be happy wHOOPS ENJOY

*******

Scott glanced up from his phone to look at his best friend. He was talking to Nicole, who was doing his makeup for a tv appearance they were about to do.

Scott really couldn't help it. He can't help who he falls in love with. Especially after being together for all those years.

All the memories of their high school years came back into his mind. How nervous he was when he was about to kiss him, how amazing it felt to own Mitch completely...

How horrible it felt when he dumped him.

He pretended he was fine, he was okay and he agreed that they were better off as friends. He pretended to agree to all of it and walked away. Fuck, does he regret that decision.

"...what do you think, Scott?" A voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"Huh? What? I'm sorry, I was thinking." Scott responded.

The omega rolled his eyes. "I was asking you if you think i should wear the white or the red shirt?"

Scott admired his movement las as he talked. He moved his head and his arms whenever he talked, and Scott thought it was one of the cute quirks he loves about Mitch.

"I think you look great in both, but the white."

***

It was one of those days.

You know, one of those days when you wake up and you just feel heavy. Like all the weight on your shoulders is suddenly there, and it weighs more than ever.

Scott just woke up and he immediately felt it, the overwhelming feeling of sinking, and he hated it. He started thinking about what was causing it.

New album stress, Superfruit solo stress, Mitch, tour stress, Mitch, songwriting stress, Mitch.

Scott groaned out loud, and Mitch heard him from the kitchen so he walked into Scott's room. "Hey, are you okay?"

Scott sat up and nodded. "Yeah, yeah... just a headache."

Heartache.

The weight of it was too much, he didn't even have the energy to stand up. He knew what the day would be like. Watch tv, bored, make food, bored, sleep, bored. He felt just down.

"Aw, okay. I'll bring you breakfast in bed and we can hang out all day?" The omega offered.

Scott smiled and nodded, and Mitch was off.

***

They just sat on Scott's bed and watched movies. Scott was sat up against the headboard, and Mitch's back was resting on his chest, in between his legs.

Scott was full of bravado, pretending he was fine, but really, the weight was still there. There was no chance.

Only Mitch's sassy jokes made him feel anything apart from boredom.

Scott groaned in his head. He's way too far gone.

Scott suddenly heard Mitch groan under his breath.

"What is it, babe?" He mentally kicked himself. No more nicknames.

Mitch sighed. "This alpha has been hitting on me for like a week. I've made it clear a few times that I don't want any alphas but he just won't quit."

Hm.

"That sucks. Some people just don't listen."

***

It became too much. He couldn't deal with it. Mitch was incredibly oblivious, and even if he wasn't, even if he knew, it wouldn't happen, because Mitch doesn't want an alpha.

Omega rights and independence mean so much to him. He doesn't want to be bossed around, he wants everyone, alphas, betas, omegas, to be treated equally. And Scott gets it, he really does, but fuck, does it hurt.

He walked where Mitch was and sat down on the love seat across him.

"Mitch, I have something to tell you..." He started. Mitch sat up and raised an eyebrow. "I'm moving."

Mitch's face went from hurt to angry to sad to confused in a matter of seconds. "Wh-what do you mean you're moving? We just bought this house. And you can't leave me, I wouldn't be able to be here without you, I'll be a mess!"

The blond stood up and paced around. "I know and I'm sorry, but this is something I have to do, for me, for my mental health."

"What do you mean 'for your mental health'?!" Mitch stood up too and followed him.

Scott sighed exasperatedly. "You won't understand--"

"Yes, I will! I always do! That's why we're best friends!"

"Mitch--!"

"No, Scott, you can't just do this--!"

Scott's eyed turned red. "I'm in love with you okay?!"

Silence. The only sound was Scott's heavy breathing.

"I'm so fucking in love with you and I know you don't return the feelings because you always clearly say that you don't want an alpha. I can't do this anymore. I have to go because it hurts. Having you this close, and always hugging me and we laugh and I pretend I'm fine but I'm not and that's why I have to go.."

It was silent for about 30 seconds. Scott just stared at the floor.

"How long have you felt this way?"

Scott hesitated before answering.

"Since when I asked you to be my boyfriend in that stupid car..."

That fucking Mustang held so many memories Scott just needed gone. So he got a new one and left the Mustang back in Texas.

"Eight years? Eight fucking years, Scott? And you never planned on telling me?"

"Why would I tell you?! It would ruin our friendship and I knew you'd shut me down anyway." Scott's eyes faded back to blue. "I-I'm going to pack. I found an apartment close by."

"Scott..."

And he slammed the door.

***

A/N: hm. I don't know if I like this. The other one shots are gonna be written soon because it's summer now and I'm free wOO

I used a fancy word in there and I'm proud of myself

Next will be a teacher Teacher AU and even thought it wasn't in the votes I've been sort of inspired lately.

VOTE:

Beasts (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them inspired)

Extra Credit Villain

Cosplay Kisses

Love y'all!! Good luck in your finals if you have any!