Awkward

A/N: short short tumblr prompt ;P

*****

Mitch didn't know why she hated him, she just did.

Kirstie had hated him since kindergarten, when he took her green crayon without her permission, and broke it. They'd been sworn enemies since then.

Now, in senior year of high school, they weren't very popular, just... known.

Who was popular, though, was Scott. Kirstie had a huge crush on him. She always went up to him and obnoxiously flirted with him. Twirling her hair, touching his shoulder, little things.

Kirstie knew Mitch and Scott talked a lot, and she had noticed that Mitch wasn't even subtle about his flirting. Leaned on Scott, hugged him and kissed his cheek hello and goodbye.

One day, Mitch and Scott were leaning on the lockers next to Mitch's, talking about random things.

Kirstie saw them, and infuriated, stomped over to them and waved her finger around.

"You know he likes you, right?!" She almost yelled at Scott.

The blond laughed through his nose. "Man, I sure hope so, or this is gonna be very awkward."

He cupped Mitch cheeks and kissed him, both with small smiles.

When they pulled away, Mitch looked to Kirstie, who was red as a tomato, and said, "Yeah, would be kind of awkward if I didn't like my boyfriend."