Coffee Shop

A/N: GUYS OH MY GODDDD!!! emmsandy started following me what is happening ??!?! For the record, I love all her books and I've read pretty much all of them. Go check out her books and be amazed!! Here's a thing to celebrate the thing and thank you again for 3K reads!! Love y'all!

P.s. There's a plot twist.

******

Mitch headed over to the coffee shop near his building. He'd never been there but it looked quite nice and peaceful, so he headed in.

When he was drinking his coffee, he realized it was open mic night. He sat down and enjoyed one, specifically, a blonde's beautiful version of the song 'All Of Me'.

Even after the song was over, Mitch was still staring at the blonde.

"Hey." He was brought out of his thoughts by the man.

"H-hey."

"So... you've been staring at me for the last few minutes."

Mitch blushed a deep red. "Oh my God, I'm so so sorry. Did it make you uncomfortable? I'm so sor-"

"No, don't worry! It's fine! I'm Scott."

Mitch was still blushing, but a lighter shade. "Mitch."

Scott smiled. "Mitch." He repeated softly. "Do you mind if I sit?"

Mitch shook his head. "Not at all."

"So, Mitch, what brings you here?" Scott pulled the chair out, turned it around, and sat with his legs at either side of the back rest.

"I was looking for a nice place to just relax." Mitch responded.

They talked for hours about random things, until the café had to close.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Scott asked.

"Y-yeah."

******

Every single day for two months Mitch and Scott would meet in the coffee shop.

Until suddenly, Scott just stopped coming. Out of the blue random.

It was this way for months. Mitch came and waited for him, but he never showed up.

Finally, on a November afternoon, Scott was there.

He approached the table where Mitch was.

"H-hey." He said.

Mitch looked up and his smile could light up the darkest of rooms.

"Scott! Oh my god, you came back!" Mitch ran up and hugged him. "I thought you were gone for good."

They both sat down.

"Why did you just stop coming?"

Scott sighed. "I was on tour."

"What?"

Scott chuckled. "I'm, uh... I'm a mainstream celebrity. A few big hits here and there."

Mitch tilted his head a little and smiled. "How did I never notice?"

Scott shrugged.

"I regret not giving you my number. To avoid this ever happening again. Three months is way too long without you."

Mitch then realized how much he really loved this man...

"...and that, kids, is how I met your father."

******

A/N: *shrugs*