Sizzle

A/N: short one bc the Vidcon one is taking wayyy too long. it's a cute lil' tumblr prompt.

oh and fun fact: blond/brunet= male and blonde/brunette= female, so, there's a lil' grammar fact for ya.

*******

Mitch didn't like going out with his family. It would always end up with questions about his love life or some kind of judgement against him.

That's why he went to college in California, to get away from Arlington, Texas.

"So, Mitchy, found anyone yet?" His mom asked.

Mitch fought the urge to roll his eyes, and answered his mother politely, (well, as politely as he could). "No, mom, I haven't found anyone."

She then went on a tangent about how he was already 19, he should at least be interested in a man. His family was absolutely accepting of his sexuality, and he couldn't be more thankful, but they wanted him to get a man already.

He just read his menu while his mom finished.

"Hey, I'm Scott, I'll be you waiter for to... night..." The blond's voice died down as he and Mitch made eye contact.

He was a tall, blond haired, blue eyed guy. His eyes drew Mitch in, and he found himself staring at them.

...Until his dad cleared his throat.

Scott shakes his head, blinking a few times, almost out of a trance. "Oh! Uh, um, are you ready to order?"

When he heard the angelic voice, Scott almost swooned. He was just so cute. "Yeah, I'd like two slices of gluten free pizza..."

******

Soon, after more small talk with his parents and sister, the food came.

Scott brought it over, and after setting it down he spoke. "Be careful, the food is hot too."

Mitch quirked an eyebrow. "Too?"

Scott touched Mitch's shoulder with two fingers, and flinched away making a sizzling noise.

Mitch's face flushed red, and he looked down at his pizza. His dad raised his eyebrows and his mom and sister were smiling.

"Th-thank you."

"I'll pass by later, enjoy your meal." Scott said smugly, and walked away.

******

Mitch and his family left the restaurant, him fighting off a smile. His family was ahead of him and he stayed back for a few seconds, talking to the tall blond.

"You're so sweet, thank you," Mitch blushed.

Scott nervously bit his lip and nodded. "Hey, are you, by any chance... single?"

With his face beet red, Mitch nodded.

"Cool. So... do you mind if I take you out some time?"

Mitch sheepishly smiled. "Sure. I'd love to."

So, Mitch was walking a few feet behind his parents, and with a new contact on his phone.

*******

A/N: ummmm ending this in a reeeaaally good note :D