Goodbye

Scott had just come back from a work trip early, and planned on surprising Mitch. He drove to Mitch's house and got the bouquet of roses from the back seat.

He had a spare key, so he put that in his pocket.

As he was climbing the steps to got to the door, he heard some noises. He started hoping and praying that they weren't what he thought they were.

He unlocked the door as quietly as possible, put the roses on the counter, and ran to Mitch's bedroom. He opened the door and immediately regretted coming early.

Mitch was on his hands and knees with another man behind him.

"M-Mitch?"

Mitch looked up at Scott, mortified.

"Scott!" He scrambled to stand back up and put his boxers on, the other man doing the same. "I-Its not what it looks like!!"

"Oh, really? So you aren't cheating on me?" Scott was angry, sad, humiliated, all at once.

He had put his heart and soul into this 4 year relationship with someone he loved.

Well, used to love. Everything got thrown out the window in those two minutes.

The coward Mitch was "hanging out" with ran out the door, putting his shirt back on.

"Scott, I'm-"

"Save it. I don't want to see you ever again." He turned around to leave, but faced Mitch again. "Oh, and here I won't use it anymore."

Scott threw something at Mitch, then left.

Mitch looked at the little red box Scott had thrown him. He opened it and covered his mouth, tears starting to cascade down his face.

He took the diamond ring out the box and started sobbing. He sat on his bed when he noticed the ring had a few words engraved on it.

I'll love you forever.