Pity Party

A/N: So, remember how I've been listening to a lot of TØP? Well, scratch that, it's Melanie Martinez now. This is loosely based on Pity Party. Some other songs might be thrown in there too, tell me if you spot them! Enjoy!

*******

Mitch sat alone in his living room, waiting for his guests.

The invitation text said the party started at 7, and it was 8:30 now. No one had arrived.

"Maybe it's a cruel joke on me... whatever, just means there's way more cake for me." He said to himself, trying to find a good side to the situation.

He walked over to the kitchen and poured himself a shot. He tipped his head back and let the substance burn his throat. Maybe it could make him feel better.

Mitch wandered around the house and looked at the family portraits. Oh, how perfect his family looked.

Ha.

If people only knew. While his dad was off cheating on his mom, his mom drank her problems away, and his sister got high and went off with her friends.

He sat down on the couch again, trying not to cry. He looked around and thought about how pathetic he probably looked.

He stood up and was about to take down the little happy birthday banner when his doorbell rang.

He walked over to get it, his eyes widening when he saw who it was.

"H-hey. What a-are you doing here?" He asked the tall blonde.

"Um... there was supposedly a party here?" He responded.

"Yeah, uh..." he chuckled dryly, "this is pathetic but no one showed up." He looked down.

Then, it happened. His crybaby tears came out of the dark. "I-I'm sorry, this is really stupid. Enjoy the rest of your night." He was closing the door when he heard Scott's voice.

"Wait!" Scott called.

"Um, yes?" Mitch looked back up, opening the door a tad bit.

"Let's hang out."

Mitch laughed dryly through his tears. "You're doing it out of pity. I hear it in your voice."

Scott shook his head. "No, I'm not. Come on, I want to hang out with you. No one should spend their birthday alone, especially their 18th."

Mitch shrugged. "It wouldn't be the first time."

The taller man felt his heart slowly cracking. "Come on, let me in."

Mitch sighed and opened the door all the way. "Get in." Scott walked in and went to the living room.

"Want something to drink?"

"Yeah, anything."

Mitch got two beers from the fridge and went to the living room to see Scott looking at a picture on the coffee table.

"Your family looks like a happy one. Where are they?"

Mitch scoffed and sat next to Scott. "My dad's probably 'at work'," Mitch did quotations with his fingers. "Mom's probably in a bar and my sister's with her druggies- I mean, friends. Welcome to my life, excuse the mess."

"So, you just open up to anyone?" Scott took a swig of the beer.

"Yep. Better see how quick they run away from the crazy guy. But between you and me, I think crazy people are the best people."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because. They always have a different insight on life, and it makes people think they're weird. But to me, they're brave. They're brave for having an opinion different than everyone else's. Today having a different opinion can get you in all kinds of trouble, but crazies don't care." Mitch looked up at Scott, looking back down and blushing when he saw Scott's eyes burning into his own.

"People run away from you?"

"In a way. They don't like the fact that I'm different."

Scott took another swig. "Well, I like different."