Worry

Scott and Mitch were driving from rehearsals, after getting some Starbucks.

"The song you wrote is amazing by the way." Scott tells Mitch.

"Bitch, I know." Mitch sassed.

They kept talking, until their song played on the radio. Mitch and Scott quickly took their phones out to Snap the song, but Scott lost control of the wheel.

They were swerving from side to side, until a truck hit Mitch's side of the car.

*****

It turned out Mitch was stuck in the car. Scott's leg hurt like hell, but he didn't care. As long as Mitch got out of there, he would be okay.

As soon as the paramedics, firefighters, and police arrived, Scott took them directly to where Mitch was.

When they got the door open, Scott limped over to Mitch. He almost fainted when he saw Mitch had a huge glass shard on his torso.

Scott started talking to him. "Mitch?! Can you hear me?!"

Mitch didn't answer.

"Mitch! Fuck, Mitch, stay with me! You can't do this! Please?!" Scott had tears in his eyes.

Meanwhile, Mitch could only think about one thing.

If I go, I don't want him to worry.

"Scott... Don't w-worry about me... I'll be fine where I'm going."

Scott started sobbing.

"Mitch, don't say that. You'll make it. You're strong. I know you are." Scott let out another sob, and saw Mitch get carried onto the ambulance.

"Excuse me, sir? We have to check your leg." A male nurse came up to Scott.

*****

It had been two weeks.

Two horrible weeks.

Scott was starting to loose hope. Mitch still hadn't woken up, and Scott was the saddest he had ever been.

Scott spent most of his time in Mitch's hospital room, waiting for that faithful moment, when maybe, just maybe, Mitch would open his eyes.

And that moment came.

Scott was on Twitter, liking and replying to fan's messages to Mitch, when Mitch shuffled on the bed.

Scott was next to him in an instant. "Mitch?"

Mitch slowly opened his eyes. "Where am I?"

Scott's eyes were wide. "Holy shit, Mitch! I missed you so fucking much, oh my God." He hugged Mitch, while being mindful of his injuries.

"How long have I been out?" Mitch asked weakly.

"Two horrible weeks." Scott hugged Mitch tighter.

They called a doctor, and he explained that Mitch would stay in the hospital one more night. Once the doctor left, Scott hurried to Mitch's side.

He was going to tell him.

"Mitch, I have to tell you something. I don't know if we'll be alive tomorrow, so I'm going show you right now."

Scott grabbed Mitch's chin and pulled him into a kiss.

The kiss was slow and passionate, full of love.

When they finally pulled away, they were both breathless. Scott whispered breathily.

"I love you."

Mitch's heart fluttered, and he said it back.

"I love you too."