Lullaby

A/N: I'm going to start with a sad one to get it out of the way. I'm sorry. I'll have a cuter one out for you guys in an hour or some minutes, since that's what these take to write. Crybaby came on while I was writing and I was like 'how appropriate'

*******

Mitch leaned on the doorway to their 6 year old daughter's room, listening to Scott sing a soft lullaby to her. He smiled fondly at how good Scott was with her, and he thought about how much he loved this man.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey, you never know, dear, how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away..."

Please don't take my sunshine away.

*****2 years later*****

"Daddy? Can you sing me the song Papa always sang to me? I miss him."

Mitch and Allie still grieved over Scott. How couldn't they?

Since his passing, Mitch had a strong hate for drunk drivers. How inconsiderate they were, how they could take a life away so easily.

"O-Of course, baby."

He went to her bed and opened her arms for her to climb in.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey, you never know, dear, how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away. Please don't take my s-sunshine away."

When he say that Allie was asleep, he carefully walked out. Once the fort was shut, he slid down to where he was sitting on the floor, and let the tears fall freely.

He looked at the ring on his finger, and thought back to the day when his husband slipped it on him.

He hated how quickly happiness could be replaced with sorrow and hatred for the world, and how it made him feel.

"They took my sunshine away."