This Town

A/N: **SKIP THE FIRST THREE LYRICS OF THE SONG**
you'd think I wrote this while listening to that song. Well, nope, I wrote this listening to Panic! At The Disco bc I'm trash

*****

Scott and Mitch met at a small pub when the former was 17 and the latter was 16. They had a mutual friend, Travis, who had snuck them in.

The hit it off and became best friends instantly.

Until Scott got a record deal when he was 18.

He always wanted to become a singer. Since he was a kid he worked hard to follow his dreams, and when he got the opportunity, he couldn't say no.

But when he left, he and Mitch eventually stopped talking. Mitch was in a relationship with Travis and Scott didn't have as much free time.

Now, 6 years later, he has a concert in Arlington. The last one of the tour, actually.

Scott was so happy. After years of not going back home and being with his parents, he could finally see them and hug them again. He even had a baby nephew that he couldn't wait to meet.

He was, though, dreading seeing Mitch and having to explain why he disappeared from the face of the Earth when it came to him.

He also dreaded seeing Mitch with Travis. He deeply regretted not saying what he wanted to before leaving.

*******

A few hours before the show, Scott walked along the streets of Arlington. He passed by a few of the places that reminded him of his childhood.

He passed by Martin High School.

Scott went by every classroom he took a class in. He gasped when he went into the choir classroom.

You'd think it was because all the other students gasped when they saw who walked in. But he gasped when he saw who was the teacher.

Scott and Mitch wordlessly started at each other, until Mitch smiled and started walking towards Scott. Scott started doing the same and once they were at arms reach they hugged each other for a solid minute, just breathing in their once best friend's scents. The butterflies in Scott's stomach were fluttering like crazy.

It seemed so familiar yet so... new.

Once they pulled away, Mitch looked back at the class that stared at them dumbfounded.

"Okay, everyone, today we have a special guest to watch the class. I'm sure you know who he is. This is Scott Hoying."

*******

After class, it was lunchtime, and Scott and Mitch talked a little bit before Esther called the blonde to let him know he had to get ready for VIP upgrades.

"Hey, I have a show tonight. If you want to come I'll tell security to let you in without tickets."

Mitch looked up at Scott and pushed his black glasses up a little. "I'd love to."

Scott's face lit up. "Great! I'll save you a seat in the first row."

*******

Later, during the show, Scott sat on a stool on stage with his guitar.

"So, this is a song I wrote a few days ago, actually, and this is the first time I'm ever performing it. This is called This Town."

Scott then started playing a soft tune before taking a breath and sang the first lyric.

"Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running 'round,
It's funny how things never change in this old town,
So far,
From the stars," His eyes scanned the first row until he found the smiling face he was looking for, the one this song was about.

"And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground
Wish I was there with you now.
'Cause if the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you." He closed his eyes and got lost in the music, oblivious to the fact that Mitch was doing the same.

"I saw that you moved on with someone new
In the pub that we met he's got his arms around you
It's so hard
So hard." Scott started thinking back to a few days before he had to leave to California. Travis, to celebrate, decided to take him and Mitch to the pub where they originally met.

When they were there, Travis asked Mitch to be his boyfriend.

The song finished, and Scott smiled, looking at the crowd that screamed and cheered.

********

"Hey." Scott said when Mitch walked into his dressing room after the show.

"Hey. Why did you save me two seats?" Mitch asked.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "I thought you'd come with Travis?"

Mitch lightly chuckled. "Oh, no, we broke up a few weeks ago."

Scott frowned and pulled the shorter man into a hug. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

"It's okay, Scott, really. It was mutual. We both decided that the spark just wasn't there anymore. We're still best friends and roommates."

Scott smirked. "So it's okay if I ask you to get coffee sometime?" He held both of Mitch's hands and swung them back and forth.

Mitch smiled and walked a bit closer to the superstar. "Maybe."

The taller man fake-gasped. "Do I need to convince you of coming on a date with me?"

Mitch nodded.

Scott just said the three words he'd been wanting to say for six years.

"I love you."

The brunette froze and looked up at the ocean blue eyes staring back. "W-what?"

"I, Scott Richard Hoying, love you, Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi. I have for 6 years. I understand that maybe it's too soon for you to say it back but I want to be with you anyways."

"You're right. I can't say it back yet, but I will go out with you." Mitch responded.

Scott leaned forward as Mitch stood on his toes to reach his lips, and connected them in a sweet kiss.

Scott sighed of relief into the kiss, making Mitch smile.

When they pulled away, the shorter man spoke. "I will say it back, someday."

And in this town, a few months later, he did.

******

A/N: that was a bad ending but hey this was 1000 words.

I came out to my first family member!! It was my stepmom. She accepted me!! I'm so proud of myself wow. Love y'all!!