Teach

A/N: this is mostly goofy teacher Scott bc I need some cheering up. It's a short short bc I need to get something out I'm sorry it's really stupid

******

Mr. Hoying was always the favorite teacher for the kids who took choir.

He was always really goofy and never gave the kids more than they could handle. He was reasonable and always accepting. So if he was down, everyone noticed, and everyone tried to help.

It was especially fun for the students when he got a phone call. He always answered them in class, and the students watched with amused smiles at how their teacher interacted with people who weren't students. They even followed him on every social media. Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, even YouTube where he uploaded covers. He was without doubt the best.

Recently, he had just come back from a two day break.

"Hey, guys!" Scott greeted the class. "Did you miss me?"

A chorus of 'yes' and 'obviously' were heard.

"Well, I'm back, and we're going straight back into what we were practicing." The group groaned.

Scott chuckled and fixed the glasses on the bridge of his nose, and the beanie he was wearing out of habit. "What, you thought I was all fun and games? This is still a class."

More groans.

"Okay, we'll warm up a little. We'll do rhythms first," he started clapping, "Joshua fought the battle, fought the battle of Jericho, Joshua fought the battle, fought the battle of Jericho,"
Some people were saying it with him, others were just laughing.

"And we're gonna add the notes! Joshua fought the battle, fought the battle of Jericho.." Scott laughed too and made a stop motion with his hands.

****

After a week, everything had gone back into it's original pace. Until one day, Scott wasn't his happy self.

Once everyone settled in their seats, they looked at him, concerned. He was leaning against the piano with his arms crossed. When he spoke his voice was groggy.

"Okay, I'll hand out some sheet music, read them over and we'll start arranging. Josh, get off your phone! Go join jazz band if you don't wanna be in choir singing right now!"

Everyone was agape. Scott never called out anyone. He must've been pissed.

Jennie, one of Scott's favorite students, tried to talk to him after he'd given the papers and went back to his desk. "Um.. Mr. Hoying? What's up?"

Scott rubbed his temples with his thumb and index finger. "Just... some issues." He trusted his groups, so he spoke normally.

"Is it Mitch?" Another girl asked. As mentioned before, they followed him in every platform so Mitch was no secret.

They knew that Scott had a crush on his long-time best friend too. It just came up once.

Scott tensed. "Maybe."

****

After school, Jennie and one of her friends went into Scott's classroom. Scott was visibly stressed and was hunched over, typing away and blasting an upbeat, sad song, probably twenty one pilots.

"What did he do?" Sky asked.

Scott shook his head. "He didn't do anything, we just... got in a fight. I can't sleep when he's mad at me. It's like the whole world is unbalanced and... I shouldn't be telling you all of this!" He slightly smiled.

Sky shook her head. "We want to be therapists and this is good practice."

Scott smiled and kept going. "I can't even remember what the fight was about, I just know that it ended in screams and..and he said he hated me.."

That shocked the two girls. "He didn't mean that! There's no way, Scott. You've been friends for fifteen years, that doesn't go down the drain for something you can't remember."

******

LISTEN I KNOW ITS SHITTY BUT I PUBLISHED THIS BC IM ABOUT TO WRITE ANOTHER AUTHOR'S NOTE AS A WAY TO GET SHIT OFF MY CHEST BUT I DONT WANT THREE AUTHORS NOTES TOGETHER LMAO ILL GET YOU GOOD CONTENT AS SOON AS I CAN I PROMISE IM SORRY