Hard Rock Lover

An hour later I opened my eyes; I realized I was alone in the bed. I rubbed my eyes and called out

"Prince." He is not in the suite. I turn towards the end table noticing a single red rose with a note underneath. I pick up the note, it read:

My Athena

You looked so beautiful sleeping

I did not want to wake you up

The room is paid should you wish to sleep some more.

Till eye see you again

Stay beautiful

Prince

I pull the note close to my chest as I wipe away the tears, back to my reality I guess. I say to myself rising out of the bed. I turn on the shower what a whirlwind weekend this has been. Oh, shoot do I still have a job? I panicked, jumping out of the shower to turn on my phone.

40 missed calls! A multitude of texts

Girl where are you? Call me I am worried- Jessica

Hon are you okay? How did it go working with Prince last night, call me Ethan!

I dial Jessica's number, she screams in relief.

Where are you? She asks. "You are so in trouble with the boss; I overheard the other girls talking about how she has written your resignation letter already! Girl!!! Get here in 30 minutes, oh and guess what you and I have been tasked to clean Prince's room today."

I felt overwhelmed by her words; I glanced up at the television

"Prince stopped by our studio before heading out of town today, the reporter said. " We talked about his music his projects and more. Take a look."

My heart melted watching his interview; he was just in my bed a few hours ago. How does he have this much energy?

"I had a great experience in your city," he said looking directly at the camera. "My new Album Hard Rocker will be based on my experience in your city"

The reporter is impressed. She says "Wow, that will be, Uhm too cool. Then she continues:

"We heard you  had a concert in DC last night and you called a girl up on stage to jam on the guitar, who is she and what is her name?"

Prince smiles, looks directly at the camera, as though staring at me.

"Athena!"

"Will she be joining your band?"

"Dunno about that," he responds making a funny face.

I laugh then I  pursed my lips, oh well. I turn off the television; I can't bear to look at him right now. I get dressed pick up my rose, put on my dark glasses and walk as fast as I could out of the hotel. Just as I tried to hail a cab, a car pulled up beside me. I realized it was Prince's driver Henry.

"Madam, he said, "Boss wanted to make sure you got home safe, said I should take you anywhere you want to today."

I smile as I got into the car. I noticed he continued to look at me through the rearview window as though wanting to say something but had been told not to.

I finally say " you can tell me what's on your mind."

"Madam.?" he feigns ignorance.

"Go on tell me."

"Well, it's just honestly Boss must like you."

"Why do you say that?" I ask.

I just know madam. I have been with the boss for 20 years, and there is something special about you.

Thanks, I say leaning back on the chair smiling at myself.

Henry doesn't say another word.

I rush into my apartment, place the check in my safe. Got dressed up in my uniform, put a coat over it walked out to Henry and said:

"I need to go back to the hotel please."

Surprised but doing as told he said:

"Sure madam."

We proceed back to the hotel, I thank him and say "You do not need to wait for me, thanks for the ride, oh and my name is Alex, you can call me Alex." I say shaking his hand.

He smiles back and says 'Sure Madam, Alex."

I wave goodbye and rush towards the maid station.

"Ah, there you are, glad you could join us!" I hear Madame Eloise say. My heart beating she had a note in her hands.

"You are," she began. What is she going to say? Am I fired?