Come I Wanna Melt with You!

I gazed at the door; my breathing increased as I made my approach towards my reality. I began to ponder, Alicia is a big girl, she does not need me stopping her from doing whatever she wants to. But this is our Private quarters, Prince and I.

The first thing I noticed as I got closer were the shoes outside the door, not just any shoes but my husband's, what the hell, my mind began to play tricks on me.

Do I want to know who she is making her moan that way, Do I want to know the answer?

What if, it is Prince, then my heart would be shattered into a million pieces!

I would rather remain in my nirvana, imagining him being mine only, and all the women will fall to the wayside. But if he is with my cousin, then that would be unforgivable! I walk further closer, I touch the door, I place my ears on it. I hear a familiar voice; I think I am in shock. It sounds like his voice; I listen to another voice which sounded like Micki's. So many questions cloud my brain.

Am I just imagining this, why am I torturing myself like this.

"Yeah right there baby, aww yes, come baby."

Enough! I had heard enough; I hurry back towards my room, that is the moment I  ran into Remi. He pulled me into his arms.

"What? What are you doing here?" I ask shocked to see him. This night is slowly turning into the twilight zone!

"I am Working overnight, the other rooms were all taken so Prince said I could stay in that room," He said pointing to one of the other rooms. "Athena you okay?"

I shake my head tears streaming down my cheeks uncontrollably, "Here why don't we go down to the little kitchen and talk about this?"

I nod my head and say to Remi:

"I can't take this anymore; I just can't."

"Shh remember Athena, yes you can! You are his wife Athena," Remi said taking me by the hand as we walked towards the little kitchen.

We grab coffee; I nurse my coffee mug upset still. Remi quietly looks at me. Filled with worry, I feel as though I am on the edge of a cliff, trying to decide whether or not to jump.

Alicia why? Why why? I am going to send her away. Oh no! Oh my Good Lord!

Remi I don't care about your sermons right now, not knowing the truth is driving me  crazy

"And knowing the truth will be worse! What is the truth Athena, you are an excellent musician, but yet you are his, don't make a mistake like the other women in his past. You will lose him if you do. Guaranteed. I am your friend Athena; you can trust me," He said slipping his hand over mine.

"How many women, how many women?" I blurt out!

"hmm you will be amazed, but  all safe."

I burst out crying even more; I cannot be in an open relationship. Remi is acting so caring to me but why?

"There is so much you don't understand about him, Athena, he has an incredible body of work, but he keeps on throwing it straight into the bloody vault. You should encourage him to let it out; the world wants to hear all he has to offer."

"Me?" Now this was getting weird; this is going off topic.

"Oh listen, play it off, get rid of your cousin. She looks like she is trouble."

"If he has relations with others well so will I!" I yell out.

Remi shrugs his shoulder. " You would not do that, you are not allowed to, you belong to him. You are his angel. His innocent queen."