Bad Intentions: Computer Blue!

I hold on to the pregnancy test stick watching, heart beating faster and faster until I build up fearful in anticipation. I closed my eyes and prayed:

"God I don't know if I am ready for this."

I hear Jessica knocking on the door.

'Come out girl, let us see what it says!"

After what seemed like an eternity a solid line came up followed by a faint parallel line.

"Oh no! No no! Jessica!" I yell, pushing the bathroom door open, she takes me into her arms as I break down crying on her shoulder

Jessica grabs the pregnancy test from my hand, I fall onto the couch, what have I done!

"Girl this is crazy, I mean the line is faint, but damn it is there!" she said staring at the test. "Congratulations."

I give her a cold dark stare; she got the message. Now is not the time nor the place to talk make jokes. I began to rock back and forth, wondering how can I possibly reach out to Prince.

"Girl," she said, propping herself next to me on the couch. I turn to face her:

"I can't be pregnant I am not even 20! I have a lot to achieve this will side track my goals."

"Maybe you should get a blood test from a doctor just to be certain," She says placing her hand comfortingly over my shoulder. "But this certainly looks like you are, listen let me fix something for you to drink. You will be alright, girl this is sexy Prince's baby, not some guy off the street. So you have no worries!" Jessica said rising to her feet, turning on my television and walking into my kitchen.

I glance up at the television. Breaking news. The reporter announced:

"We got word that Superstar Prince got engaged again, this time to his band member Jill! Here they are playing "Another love time" at Coachella."

I watch as the camera shows a clip of both Jill and Prince singing and dancing, Jill is wearing an enormous diamond on her ring finger. I yell out to Jessica: Jessica!

"What?"

"Look!" I say pointing at the tube.

"What engaged? Oh no Alex. you know he gets involved all the time, this is not the first;  still he needs to know about his baby."

"No!" I said gathering enough strength to rise to my feet. I wiped away my tears then I turned to face Jessica:

"I don't want to see him again!"

"You are just hurt, Alex, take a deep breath, don't get upset, it is not safe for the baby."

"I don't care, Jessica; I was just his weekend lover. Tell me, Jess, how is it possible that I got pregnant the very first time I made love?"