What If God Was One Of US? Finale 3

"Oh my god! oh my God!" a collective gasp came from the crowd.

"Someone get an ambulance,"I heard a woman screaming.

I began trembling grabbing onto mom!

I started to cry, screaming: "Noooooooo!"

I pulled back from mom, ran down the podium onto the field and fell to the ground, beside Prince and began cradling my blood-soaked husband in my arms.

Prince's blood smeared all over my body, but I didn't care.

"God please, please help him, I know you hear me!!" Tears streamed steadily down my cheeks.

Cradling, my husband in my arms, I said: "I would not let you go you will stay with us forever! God please...." 

I began to pray.

 Prince's eyes fluttered, writhing  in pain; moving in and out of consciousness. 

He murmured something about seeing a light and hearing voices, encouraging him to join them

"Nooooo, tell  those voices to go away; please, I need you. Nate needs you too. Don't go  with them, please!"

I held Prince's hand for a moment. He closed his eyes once more.

Suddenly, the  police and the paramedics then rushed forward; Prince's security pushed the crowd back. They knelt down next to me urging me to move back.

"Madame, I'm gonna need you to step back please."

"No, I am not going to leave him."

I cried still holding on.

In that moment of chaos, I  felt a hand on my shoulder; it was Slash.

I turned to face him, he smiled and lifted me on my feet.

 He said: "It's okay, Prince will pull through." 

Then I lost it, sobbing hysterically in Slash's arms.

 I watched as the paramedics  frantically did their best to keep him alert.

"We are losing him, we are losing him." They yelled. "Come on Genius you can pull through!"

My heart began to to thump. 

 I pulled out of Slash's embrace, fell to my knees. 

I lowered my hand onto Prince's Right hand. I said to him: "What if God was one of us?"

He squeezed my hand. The paramedics looked up at me and said: "Whatever you did lady, it worked. He is breathing. We are taking him to the hospital."

That's when I knew everything would be Just fine.

I rose back up into Slash's arms, thoughts flashing through my mind.

Why did Alicia do this?

What is she have to gain?