Why you wanna treat me so bad? Man o war!

Angrily, I pulled myself off him. He does not say a word. But from the look on his face, I could tell he was blindsided and furious.

"What the hell is she talking about?" I asked throwing my clothes back on my body at a furious pace.

"You don't have to listen to everything you hear Athena, I don't, if I ." He says still undressed, glaring at me.

Prince tries to wrap his hand around my waist.

"Don't, it is just...."I began, even with the drama, I was still turned on by him. But I got interrupted by someone furiously banging on the dressing room door.

"Prince Man, we have to go," It was Andre. "There are some reporters out here trying to speak with you about Jill, and we just got the word, Mr. B has some folks on their way here."

"Got me girl over here, man, have Chuck and Henry meet us out back."

"Sure thing."

Prince turns to look at me. His chest, rising as he ponders what to say. He is hardly ever one to be short of words but this time, he felt it was best to let me speak. He quietly begins to get dressed.

Frustrated by the silence and shaking my head from side to side, I ask:k

"Prince, why am I here?"

"Why are you here?" He asks rhetorically, moving closer to me and pulling me into his arms. I felt helpless and sincerely wanted to hear him out.

"Because maybe you and I are meant to be together. You are here because the Angels made it all possible for you to be here. You are here because many moons ago you were my love and soulmate in a previous life? You got away then, but I will not let you get away this time around. Because, baby, you are the mother of my precious child. Because, Athena, people who stand for nothing are watching to see us fall. "

I trembled as he held me in his embrace, lifting my chin with his slender fingers, he gives me a kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and kiss him back.

"Come now my dear, no more questions about the past." He said taking hold of my hand, and leading me out the door down the lonely hallway towards the black decor Bentley parked at the back of the building. He waves bye to Andre, Micki, and Mark.

"Fellas be cool." He said to the guys, then to Andre "Tell mom I will be by soon." Handsome Andre smiles and nods his head, always looking out for Prince.

Then we hurriedly got into the car.

As soon as we get seated in the back, I looked away through my window lost in thought. I tried to understand how this man could stay totally unbothered by the all the drama. He shoots a glance my way smirks and says:

"You have something to ask, but you want to know if you should say it."

I imagined what my response to his words would be, let's see, "well Yes, Prince I do. I want to know why you do not respond to accusations and is Jill pregnant?" But I could bring myself to say the words.

Then rubbing his chin and looking straight ahead, he volunteered his perspective on everything:

"So much has been said and written about me and no one ever knows what's true and what's is not true. So I prefer to let them stay confused. I am a private person and privacy is the most important to me. I just want to make music people need to focus on my music alone. I follow the advice that comes from above, the spirit".

This sermon was getting deeper than I could ever have imagined. I listened as the car sped along the highway.

"I am after all the son of Nel."