Chapter 2:

ENJOY :)

xoxo

-Crazy Chick

--------------------------------------------------

It feels like forever since Ms Hill left Lizzie and I in the detention room. I glance at the clock and notice that it has only been two minutes! I sigh and glance at Lizzie who is at the front of the room, impatiently tapping her foot on the floor. We have another hour before we were able to leave. What am I suppose to do in the mean time? Sit here and wait until I rot and die? The sound of footsteps coming towards the door snaps me back to reality. The door swings open and an angry Mr. Smith stands there with a boy. Not just any boy. The same boy I saw at the library this morning. Yep, that's right. The super, super hot senior!

“You can sit here and keep Lizzie and Katie company. Next time you think of playing a prank on a teacher, Cam, you will find yourself expelled." Mr. Smith yells.

The boy, Cam, looks at Lizzie and smiles and when he looks at me, a grin forms on his face. I look away blushing. I focus on my pen while Mr. Smith scolds Cam some more about his disruptive behaviour. He assigned Cam a seat on the opposite side of the room. He lazily walks to his seat and when I meet his eyes again, he smiles and winks at me. I quickly look away, blushing a deep red. I have got to stop doing that! Last I heard, blushing wasn't attractive. Maybe that's why I have never had a boyfriend.

Mr. Smith announces he will be back in 15 minutes and that if he come's back and finds any of us out of our seats, we will have another hour of detention.

He left the room and I can hear the sound of the door locking. Great, we are locked in. It wasn't just that. I am now locked in a detention room with the hottest senior boy ever! And also Lizzie, she has pulled out her ipod and is listning to music. Loudly.

I sigh and play with my pen again and try to forget the fact that Cam is staring at me. I can feel the weight of his stare, making me feel self-conscious. I carefully run my hand through my hair to fix it up.

“Your hair looks fine, there’s no need to fix it up.” a voice says. 

My head turns in the direction the voice came from. I can’t believe it! Cam just spoke to me!

“Umm..thanks.” I shly mumble. Thankfully this time I did not blush. I go back to playing with my pen, knowing that Cam is still staring at me. After about a minute I can see a figure sit on the table next to me. I look up to see Cam. Not knowing what to do, I just smile. OMG…. what do I do?

I wish Lizzie didnt have those damn earphones in her ears. I need help from her. She is an expert.

I guess I was on my own.

“So, what are you in here for?” Cam asks me. Act cool. Act cool. Act cool.

“Well, me and Lizzie walked into Ms Hill’s bio class late.” I respond. He chuckles and I force myself not to melt then and there.

“I have done that many times before. She would always give the same lecture about how she hates her students being late to her class.”

“Yeah and then she turns to the class asking them what they are looking at.” I add laughing. Cam laughs with me. Silence falls. Could this get any more awkward?!

“Anyways, I’m Cam.” He holds out a hand to me.

“Katie.” I respond, taking his hand. Our hands are locked longer than they are suppose to. I pull my hand away and look at the clock again. Another 40 minutes. My phone vibrates and I carefully remove it from my pocket and flip it open to see who has texted me. It's a text from Lizzie. I look up in her direction and then back down at the text. Before I open to read it, I look over in Cams direction to see if he is looking at me. He isn't. I quickly open the message.