Chapter 14:

Thank you guys soooooo much for all the reads, votes, comments and follows!! You guys are amazing and ILY <3 

I hope you enjoy this chapter :) It's unedited (like always :P) I am planning on going through and editing the story once I finish the book :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart comes to a stop. What did Cam just say? I feel very lightheaded. 

"Wait. What?" I ask, not being able to process what he had just said. 

Cam lets out a humourless laugh and runs his hand through his un-kempt hair. 

"Dont pretend to be suprised, Katie!" he sneers at me. It felt like he had slapt me in the face. I frown at him, hurt that he doesnt believe that I know nothing about my parents being the reason his parents are dead! I didnt even know his parents were dead!

"I am not pretending about anything!" I exclaim. There is no way that my parents got his parents killed. Theres no bloody way!

"You are lying!" I say to him, tears running down my cheeks. I angrily wipe them away. 

"Lying? You think I am lying about this?" He sneers at me. I just sit there silent, not knowing what else to say. The shock of what he is telling me is too much for me to handle. 

I clutch at my stomach, as it wraps up into knots making me feel nauseous.

"Why do you think I would lie about my parents being killed!? Huh? I was 14 years old and I was there! I was there when your dad came down and kidnapped me and my parents and held us hostage in this warehouse in this very same room!..."

He is lying. He is lying. He is lying. He is lying. 

These are the words that are going through my mind. 

"And when my dad didnt give your dad what he wanted, he decided that getting them shot dead was the answer..."

Cam furrows his eyebrows, staring at the wall behind me, a pained look in his eyes. It looks like he is re-living a terrible memory.

"They were shot in this very same room. And I watched it happen..." 

He looks at me and I cant help but feel sorry for him. His eyes are filled with pain and anger. I still cant believe what he is saying though. I mean how can I believe that my own father got Cam and his family kidnapped and then got Cam's parents killed! 

"I...I'm sorry." I mutter out, while playing with the sleeves of my, now torn jacket. I dont know what else to say. I dont know what to say or do or even feel. My emotions are running wild and my brain in trying to process what is happening. 

Cam looks at me and gives me a sorrowful smile.

"I wish I was to." he replies. The moment is cut short, when the door is swung open and my parents are thrown in.

 "MOM! DAD!" I scream. 

Their hands hare tied up and they look battered. I try to get out the chair but the rope is tighed to tightly around me. My mom looks up at me, tears streaked down her cheeks and a look of regret, pain and guilt in her eyes. 

"So lets get to it shall we?" Derek smirks at me. 

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" I yell. He walks over to me and puts both his hands on my shoulders. He looks me dead in the eye, and I cant help but let a scared whimper escape my lips. 

"You wont understand sweetheart..." he says, before getting up and walking towards my dad, who had such anger and hatred in his eyes, that he looked like a completely different person.