Chapter 31:

Sorry this is short :/ I am actually moving houses today so I should be packing, but I really just wanted to get something up for you all! I hope you understand and are not too upset :/ ILY all and thank you all soooooo much for your support :') It means the WORLD to me <3 Oh and since I am moving house, I won't have internet for up to 14 days :'( I am really sorry about this...

Oh and this chapter is dedicated to @pawanjeetk :) She is the one who made me the new cover on the side :) Guys, I will be changing my covers frequently and dedicating chapters to those who make me them, so if you want to make me a cover, then inbox me :) xoxo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After one more exhausting hour of driving down a deserted road, a run down serivice station comes into view. I furrow my eyebrows at the place. 

"This place looks like it's infested with Zombies." I say, trying to figure out how the sign that reads 'service station', is hanging by just one electrical chord. The station looks like it could break down at any given moment. 

"Well you dont have to worry then." Cam replies.

"What?" I ask confused. Gared smirks and so does Cam.

Even Lizzie, who is suppose to be my best friend, is laughing at me.

I look back and forth between the three of them, trying to figure out what is so funny.

"What? Why are you all smiling?" I demand them, feeling left out. 

"Well Zombies eat brains, so you are safe." Cam says, still smirking.

I smack his arm and glare at him, when I finally understand what they were all laughing at me for. 

I don't know why they are all smiling about it, because I DO NOT think that it is funny. 

I am smarter than all of them put together. Heck, I am the smartest 16 and a half year old in the whole of America! Ok maybe not that smart, but still! What they said is just plain rude and uncalled for! 

"HEY! You're the one who can't remember anything!" I snap agitatedly at Cam.

I regret what I just said as soon as it leaves my mouth. Cam's face falls and I look at him apolegetically.

"Cam. I didnt mean that." I say softly. I am such an idiot! Why did I have to go that one step further and blurt that out!

Cam just looks away deep in thought, ignoring my apology, making me feel ten times worse than I already did.

"Ok. All of you out the car!" Gared demands us. I roll my eyes at him and wait for Lizzie to get out of the car.

As soon as we are all out, I strech my arms and legs as I have been sitting in that car for what seems like an eternity. Lizzie does the same. Man that feels good.

"Do you think we can make a run for it?" she asks me quietly. I look up at her and give her my 'what-do-you-think' face.

She puts her hands up defensively.

"Hey alright, alright. I was just asking, geez." She says. I stand up to look around to see what hell-hole we have landed ourselves in. 

"Katie, I know you are stressed out and everything, but please could you maybe stop snapping at me? I am your best friend not your enemy."

I look over at Lizzie, who looks upset and hurt. I don't say anything to her and instead just walk over to her and pull her into a tight hug. She immediately hugs me back and I let all my emotions pour out, tears rolling down my cheek.