Chapter 38

HI GUYS! IM FINALLY BACK! I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY X1000000 ABOUT BEING M.I.A! YOU GUYS ARE THE MOST PATIENT READER IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF YOU GUYS ARE ANGRY AT ME! I did promise that I would finish this story, so I am going to stand by that. It feels so so good to write again and I am excited to get back into the swing of writing :) i've missed it so much! I really hope you all enjoy this chapter! I am 100% going to be posting a chapter every week. I know you guys probably dont believe me, but I am a new person now lmao. I am motivated more than ever to continue writing, so expect weekly updates ;)

ILY ALL SO MUCH XOXOXOXOXO

-alisha (a.k.a Crazy Chick)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zacs POV:

My heart feels like it has stopped. I stare down at my phone, trying to process what was just said to me.

"Now lets get back to business." Gared says in an annoyed voice. How in the world am I meant to leave this house, without Gared and my sad excuse of a mother following me? They can't know the whereabouts of the old hideout or that Derek is holing Katie and Lizzie hostage. I look up at Gared and glare, trying to keep the worry off of my face. I feel Diane hold my hand and I look over at her. The look on her face tells me that she heard the conversation I had just had with Derek on the phone, and her face was full of worry and fear. Diane thankfully does not decide to bring attention to Gared and Tasha about the phone call. My head was buzzing with ideas on how to get out of the house as quickly as possible. The school was 8 minutes away, which only gave me 3 minutes at the most to get out this house.

"Where is the file Zac." Gared asks me bluntly.

"How the hell would I know!?" I snap, still trying to think of a way to escape. I am running out of time. I look over at Diane hoping she would understand the look I am giving her and try to get Gared and Tasha out of my way so I could run. Before I knew it, Diane had somehow grabbed a gun out of the back of her black-heeled boots.

"Go Zac." Diane said to me, pointing the gun and Gared and Tasha.

Gared looks at me then at Diane, seemingly caught off guard. I give a smug look at both Gared and Tasha before bolting for the door. Gared jumps at me but I manage to dodge him. I pull open the front door, adrenaline pumping through my body. I hear the sound of a gunshot and angry yells from Gared and painful screams from Tasha as I bolt down the front lawn towards my car. I get in the car as fast as I can, realizing I had exactly 6 min to get to the school.

"FUCK!" I scream in frustration as I speed off down the street.

I punch my steering wheel in anger as I continue driving towards the school. Anger runs through my body as I speed up, trying to reach the school as fast as I can. Fear is also pulsing through my veins as I realize that I have no plan to get Katie and Lizzie away from Derek once I reach the old hideout. That's if we even get out. I shake my head in annoyance and try and speed up some more, hoping and praying that there are no police officers around because if I don't get to the god damn old hideout in another 6 minutes, Katie will be dead. My blood runs cold at the image of Katie, the stubborn beautiful girl who I have fallen for, laying on the floor, pale and drained of all life. All because of the pathetic man who is my father. I have been trying so hard to push the feelings I have for her aside. Someone like me isn't meant to be with someone like Katie. She is way to good for me. She thinks she knows me but no one really knows the real me and I'd like to keep it that way. I grip the steering wheel tighter, my knuckles whitening, so many emotions rushing through my head making me want to punch something. Realizing that I wont make it to the school on time, I pull out my phone and call Katie. The phone is answered immediately and the familiar sound of my dad sounds through the phone.

"IM ON MY WAY! DON'T YOU DARE DO ANYTHING TO KATIE OR LIZZIE YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

Derek's laughter sounds through the phone, making my blood boil even more. I don't think I have ever hated someone as much as I hate Derek right now.

"I cant promise you anything, Zac. But since I am such a nice, loving father I will give you another 15 minutes."

"BUT IT WILL TAKE ME 20 MINUTES TO WALK TO THAT GOD DAMN HIDEOUT!"

I am so angry at this point I want to scream.

"As soon as you get to the school, call me again."

With that, Derek hangs up the phone and I let out a frustrated scream and slam my fist on the steering wheel, making pain shoot through my hand. I am 5 minutes away from the school. I start thinking of how I want to kill Derek. How I want to cause as much pain as he has caused me. How much pain he has caused Katie. I furrow my eyebrows; Katie probably wouldn't be in this situation if my dad had never met her dad. Or maybe she wouldn't even be in this situation if my parents never sent me away to live with her. Or maybe she wouldn't be in this situation if Cam was never born. I shake my head, blurring my vision. I have to stop thinking of the what ifs. This situation has happened and I need to just focus on how to get out of it. My thoughts go back to my dad. If he dares touch Katie, I am going to kill that son of a bitch. I don't give two shits if he is my dad. He is more like a stranger to me.

When I finally reach the school, I speed into the parking lot almost knocking over some random boxes piled on the side. I haven't even full turned into a parking spot, when I grab my phone and call Katie's phone. Again, Derek answers the phone straight away.

"I'm here." I say, my voice ice cold. I could practically feel Derek's smug smile through the phone.

"Good. I'll see you soon then."

I suddenly hear Katie's deafening scream. I almost crush the phone in my hand.

"KATIE!" I yell.

"DEREK YOU SON OF A BITCH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?!"

I can hear Katie's muffled sobs.

"Katie?" I choke out, angry tears welling up in my eyes.

"Please hurry Zac." Katie shakily whispers through the phone. Then the phone is cut off. I don't waste another second. I slam the car door shut and bolt towards the direction of the old hideout.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter :) Please comment letting me know what you thought :)

Until next week!

xoxo

-alisha (a.k.a Crazy Chick)