Chapter 23: Part 2

Here is the final part to Chapter 23! Hope you guys enjoy ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN!" one of the police officers demands us. There is around 10 of them and they are all armed with guns. A feeling of both relief and terror runs through my body, as the start they surround the room. I am relieved that the police officers have come, so that I can get out of this situation, but I am terrified because what if we cant save Cam? What if it is too late? 

The thought makes me feel sick to my stomach and I feel a dull ache in my chest. 

Derek and my dad try to escape, but they are stopped and handcuffed by 2 of the officers. 

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!" Derek yells. I catch my dad's eye as he is being handcuffed and he has an apologetic look in his eyes. I am taken aback by this, as I thought that he would be angry at me. I give him a sad smile before he is dragged out of the room along with Derek. 

I am still angry with my dad for everything he has put me through. I dont feel like I even have a dad anymore. 

"Zac..." I half whisper, in shock. He pulls me into a hug, as 2 officers start to make their way towards us. 

"Dont worry." Zac says into my ear, before he is roughly pulled off of me by one of the officers.

"Dont hurt her!" Zac says in a warning tone, to the officer who yanks me away from Zac. 

The police officer yanks my hands behind my my back and I wince in pain as he secures my hands with handcuffs.

"Hey! Watch it!" I yell at him. He just ignores me and pushes me foward towards the door.

Zac and I are dragged out to the front of the warehouse, where there are 5 police cars surrounding the area and blocking off the road. The truck is still parked by the tree and my stomach drops to when I see that the back door of the truck is open. 

"Omg!" I say to myself, fear invading my body. Where the hell is Cam?

Zac seems to have noticed the back door of the truck being open too and he cranes his neck to look at me, with a look of worry and fear on his face. 

The police officer leads me to one of the cars and pushes me into the back seat, closing the door behind him. I look out the back window and see another police officer shoving Zac into the back of the police car behind me. I try and get a closer look at the truck and notice the back seat is comeplelty empty, the blanket on the floor. 

"HEY! HEY! HEY!" I yell, trying to get the attention of one of officers outside. I need to tell them about Cam. They have to find him.

One of the police officers gets into the drivers seat of the car and turns on the engine.

"No! Wait! You have to help us! My brot-"

"Maam, I need you to stay silent until we get to the station. You will be interviewd there."

"No you dont understand-" I say, choking on tears.

"Maam, I said you need to remain silent!" the police officer demands, while pulling out of the warehouse drive way and onto the road. 

I sit back in my seat, feeling hopeless and look out the window. I feel tears start to roll down my cheeks, the lump in my  throat making it hard for me to swallow. I try to hold back the sobs, but I cant. 

I let out a choked cry, as I see the warhouse disapear from view and I cant help but think that this is the end. Cam is dead! Cam is dead and it is all my dad's fault!

If it wasnt for him, Cam would still be alive and maybe he would also be escorted to the police station along with Zac and I.

If it wasnt for my dad, wanting Zac dead, this whole situation may not have happend at all. Maybe I would still be hating Zac and hanging out with Lizzie and just living the normal life that I always have.

But then again, I cant help but thinking that maybe this situation happend for a reason. Maybe this was the only way  the truth about my family would be revealed and maybe Cam was meant to die. 

I shove the thought away angrily and mentaly scold myself for even thinking of such as thing!

I cant help but think that without any of this happening, I would be living a lie. A part of me wishes that I didnt know any of the things that I know now and the other part is glad that I do know. I push all my thoughts and worries a side for a moment and look out of the window. 

I just stare out the window and close my eyes, wanting to escape reality for just a moment. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed! Please let me know what you thought of this chapter! ILY ALL <3

Chapter 24 will be up soon! xoxo -alisha