Chapter 3:

After having a shower, doing my hair and applying some mascara and lip gloss, I look at my appearance. My black dress fits perfectly and my naturally straight, brown hair is let out to cascade around my shoulders and back. I can’t be bothered doing anything to my hair. I put on a pair of silver hoop earrings and a charm bracelet that I got for my birthday last year. I also put on the locket I got from my grandmother who died 3 years ago. We were really close and when she died I felt all-alone. Whenever I wear the locket, I feel her presence and I know that she is with me.

Before I start crying, I shove the memory away. I dont want to ruin my makeup. Crying would mean my  mascara running and me looking like a zombie from hell.

I slip on some black ballet flats and throw my phone, lip-gloss and some cash into my mini black clutch. When I enter my bedroom, I see Zac sitting on my computer chair, using his phone. What the hell! He said he would leave me alone! The asshole can never keep his word. I was stupid in thinking he would actually leave me alone. I made a mental note to never believe a word he says.

“What the hell Zac!?” I yell. He doesn’t move. I just want to go up to him a punch him so hard, that he will go flying to hell! Where he belongs!!!

I clench my fists, restraining myself from actually going up and punching him. I take in a deep breath to calm myself.

“Zac, what the hell are you still doing in my room?” I say again, more calmly.

“Don’t go out with Cam.” He says, keeping his eyes on his phone.

“What?” I ask.

“I said, Don't. Go. Out. With. Cam.” This time he looks me in the eye, a serious expression on his face. I waited for him to start laughing or to smile or something, but his face stayed the same.

“What’s it to you! I can go out with whoever I want. You can’t tell me what to do!” I practically start yelling.

Man, I hate Zac so much. He makes my blood boil.

Zac gets off my chair and starts to make his way towards me, closing the distance between us. He looks me in the eyes. What the hell is he doing? My breathing starts to go all funny.

He smells so good! I mentally slap myself. ‘I do not think Zac smells good’ I mentally chnat to myself.

“Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you!” He says before leaving. What the hell is that suppose to mean?

Whatever. I dont have time for his stupid games.

I don’t give a crap what he says anyways. He is just trying to ruin my social life. Hell, he has ruined my social life. Because of him I got bullied and because of him all the guys at school hate me. Well, there are a few guys who are nice to me, but that’s not the point! I sigh when I look at the time.

7.58 pm.

Cam will be here any minute. Before leaving my room, I make sure I have got everything and make sure that I look, well….dateable.

I get a text from my mum saying that she and dad have gone out to dinner and won’t be back till late, so that means I don’t have to rely on Zac to keep my secret date a secret. This is a good thing. I smile, thanking my parents to choose to go out to dinner tonight.

Just as I start walking down the stairs, the doorbell rings. Crap, He’s here!

I run down the stairs and to the door. When I open it, Cam stands there looking hotter than ever! He is wearing a pair of jeans and a plain black shirt with a few buttons undone, showing off some of his chest. His hair is tousled and MY GOD, was his smile perfect.