.00

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Sunday September 29th 2013.
Mississauga, Canada.

I look in the car mirror, making sure my makeup is okay. It's the last Sunday of the month so I have to put on a happy face and go eat lunch with my huge family.

I get out of my Mercedes A220, shutting the door and locking the car. I open the back door and make my way to the back garden. The first person I see is my older sister, Stembinkosi, with her six month old daughter on her lap.

"Hi Stembi" I say, giving her a side hug. I gently touch Cassie's head.

"Hi Kita" she says to me. She picks up the baby to give her to me but I shake my head. I don't do children and I don't think I ever will.

I walk over to the boys who are playing soccer.

"Ah there are my favorites" I say. They both stop and come over. We share a group hug.

"I thought you weren't coming" Vuyo says as he hands Zani a $20 bill.

"Wow you bet on it?" I say.

"You're the last one here"

"I always am. And you bet I'm not coming every month"

"Here comes mama" Lucas says under his breath.

"Hi Thandiwe" I hear TamTam say. She's not my mom - she's my sister who acts like a mother. I plaster a smile on my face before turning around.

"Hi TamTam" I say as she hugs me. If anyone doesn't get along, it's me and TamTam.

There's five of us all together. Two boys, three girls. I think I count as one of the boys though.

Matamsanqa (pronounced Ma-Tam-san-(click)-a) Venus is the oldest one out of all of us. She's 31 years old and God does she think she's the shit. She is a successful lawyer with a husband, Jacob and a four year old son, Jacob Jr. God knows how her husband survives her. I've always wanted to have a relationship with her but we clash too much.

Stembinkosi (pronounced Stem-Bin-Koh-see) Carmen is the second oldest

Stembinkosi (pronounced Stem-Bin-Koh-see) Carmen is the second oldest. She's 28 and a successful journalist. She doesn't really care to be honest but she's the instigator of the family. She loves her tea. She has a daughter named Cassandra and a fiance named Samuel. I'm not a fan of love but I do think they're actual relationship goals. She met him in London, England and they fell in love. She only came over here about 12 months ago because she had the baby and she refused to have it without my mother present.