.08

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Wednesday February 19th 2014
Toronto, Canada.

I type away on the keyboard, as I write up my report. I literally have an hour left of work and then I can go home. I've been stressed out my mind over my work and I thought it would get better as I completed more of it.

I hear the intercom, bringing me out of my trance. I press the button, answering it.

"Call on line one" Dawn says.

"From who?"

"I've been told not to say" she says which irritates me.

"Within the company or outside the company?" I ask.

"Within" I let go of the intercom button as I pick up the phone.

"Hello, Nakita speaking" I say as professionally as possible. I mean you never know, it could be Liam calling about the job.

"Hey Nakita. Are you busy?" I hear Jahron's voice and I groan internally.

"And if I wasn't?"

"Well Neenyo and I would like your opinion on this beat I have here"

"It's shame it's there and I'm here"

"Don't hang up. Just come and listen to it. It needs you"

"Ahlie, Aubrey got everybody thinking that I'm here to fucking help them all" I say before I slam the phone down, back onto the receiver.

I'm literally 100% stressed now. I groan as I get up and grab my phones. I leave my office.

"I'm finna go to the studio for like 10 minutes" I say to Dawn.

"Do you want me to keep call forwarding on?"

"No turn it off. I wanna be in there for 10 minutes and then leave."

"Okay" I give her a smile before walking down the hall to the elevator. I go down the two floors to the ground floor before walking across to the other corridor. I open the large studio building door and make my way to his usual studio room.

I take a deep breath before opening the studio door. I'm greeted by a strong smell of weed and their heads turn my way.

"Hi Jahron, Hi Neenyo" I say taking a step in.

"Hi Nakita" Jahron says.

"Wassup Kita? You want a hit?" Neenyo says holding the blunt up.

"I'm pretty sure weed is illegal" I say.

"She doesn't smoke" Jahron says.

"It's medicinal" Neenyo says making me roll my eyes.

"Let me hear this beat that requires me to leave my office" I shut the door and cross my arms. He hits play and I listen to it. I genuinely vibe to Jahron's beats.

"I like it.... But" I say.

"But what?" Jahron says. I step over to mixer and press play myself. I lower the bass so that its basically non existent.

"Why'd you do that?" He says sounding annoyed.

"Jahron you have a soft voice. You don't need the bass taking over and then you adding auto tune to every song" I say.

"Soft voice? My voice is manly yo"

"I'm not losing my high over your arguing" Neenyo says standing up out of the chair. He leaves the room.