.48

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Friday 3rd July 2015
London, England.

"Wow Stembi" I say as she places Cassie onto my lap.

"Tete Tete Tete" she repeats over and over again.

"You're staying in my damn house. You gon hold her" Nadi laughs.

"I don't like kids. Why can't Nadi hold her?"

"You got hands don't you?" Nadi responds.

"She loves you though. Cassie never likes new people but she just... Likes you a lot" Stembi says.

"No. I don't like the sound of that"

"I think you should have some kids of your own you know. You pretty old now." Stembi says.

"Sit down" I say to her. She looks at me funny.

"You're not pregnant are you?" She asks.

"No I'm not pregnant" I roll my eyes. She sits down beside me.

"You have to promise me on Cassie's life that you will not say anything to anyone after I tell you this" I say.

"And if I can't promise you that?"

"Then you can't come to wireless with me. Full stop"

"I promise I won't say anything to anyone about whatever it is your about to tell me"

"I've told people before and I'm tired of going through the whole dramatising it so I'm just going to say it straight."

"Go ahead. Say it straight"

"I'm dating PartyNextDoor."

"Shit bitch. How long?" Nadi says as her jaw drops.

"Officially like a month. But remember when you saw those hickeys? They were from him" I say.

"Damn. That was like last year"

"Yea we started talking at the beginning of last year" I say.

"So when you say dating you mean?" Stembi says finally speaking.

"As in he's my boyfriend"

"Holy mother of God. You have a boyfriend and you expect me to keep that a secret?"

"You promised you would keep it a secret and I will never forgive you if you tell TamTam or mom or dad or anyone"

"Wait so I can tell Vuyo and Zani?"

"They already know. So do Keem, Lilah and Rose"

"Rose knows? Okay now I'm just hurt"

"You know you shit stir. Be glad I'm even telling you"

"You're only telling me because he's there at wireless"

"At least I'm telling you. It's his birthday today as well"

"You're here for him aren't you? Not me"

"Nize it. I visit every year. It just so happens my visit is when he's here"

"You guys gotta go. Stembi gon keep you talking and you gon be late" Sam says as he walks into the living room.

"You right, you right. Here's your child" I pick Cassie up off my lap as I stand up before handing her to Sam.

"She has a name." Stembi says.

"I know that. We gotta goo"

**
I put my wireless badge around my neck as I'm lead to stage 2. It's just gone past 12pm. We stopped by McDonald's to grab some food. So we are fully fed and just want a show.