.17

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Tuesday May 20th 2014
Toronto, Canada.

I got back yesterday but I was so tired and jet lagged that I just went home and slept. But I'm obviously at work today.

I walk down to Steve's office. He wanted to see me yesterday. I knock on the door and I hear his voice telling me to come in. I walk into the room and take a seat in front of his desk.

"We always miss you when your gone" he says smiling.

"You all need me to function"

"Like my morning coffee"

"How may I help you Steve? Straight to the point please" I say.

"So you know there's that new artist which Drake's been working with. I like his sound. His music is hot and I want him on OVO" he says. I sigh.

"What's the sigh for? Sigh is not a good sign"

"I like his music too but I don't know if we'll even be able to get a mixtape out of the guy let alone an entire album"

"What do you mean?"

"There's people who make music for fun. Then there's people who make music for fun with passion and desire. He's those who make music for fun. He has spontaneous musical moments"

"Come on Kita. You haven't worked with the guy yet"

"You're my boss. You could easily just sign him without me"

"Artists love you. You have an understanding with them that none of us have and that's why I need you on board"

"Okay I'm going to say yes. But not whole heartedly. I'm only saying yes because he's a DJ who can hype up the crowd. If I cannot transform him I'm handing him over to Boi-1da okay?"

"Yes. Thank you Nakita. I will give you his manger's number and you can arrange that meeting. You probably have to arrange a meeting with my bosses too" he means 40, Drake and Oliver.

"Okay. No problem boss. And boss, do you think I'll become an A&R executive ever?"

"Yes I do. The official OVO one. The one we'll have over here not the one that stays at Warner Bros"

"Thanks" I say before getting up. I stand up and walk back to my office. I sit down in my seat and breathe out, closing my eyes.

"Kita" I hear Jahron's voice say as he walks into my office.

"It'd be nice if you knocked Nino"

"I don't know if you mad or not cause you sound aggy but you called me Nino..."

"I'm tired. Like really tired"

"Jet lag does that to you. But you gotta open your eyes and do your job"

"Are you doing yours?" I ask.

"Yes I am. Just came to see you. I was expecting more but okay" I open my eyes and glare at him. He smiles at me and my face immediately lightens up. I stand up out my seat and walk to him.