.65

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Thursday March 3rd 2016
Toronto, Canada.

I walk through the doors of OVO at promptly 12pm. As I'm walking, I bump into Steve.

"Nakita you're back!" He exclaims.

"I'm not back I just have a meeting"

"We miss you" he says.

"I'll be back soon. Just not today"

"Alright. I didn't see you on the meeting schedule though?"

"Oh I mean I have studio time with a VIP"

"Who's this VIP I haven't heard of?"

"I get exclusive studio time"

"I'm your boss"

"My artists are the boss" I say.

"Wow Kita. Alright. Where have you been anyways?"

"The world is my oyster. Nah I'm joking I've been on the coast"

"Alright. I hope you're okay" he says to me.

"I'm okay" I say before walking through the door. It doesn't take long for me to get SOTA. And when I walk in I'm greeted by the most excited version of Drake I've ever seen in my life.

"I'm so used to you being here when I'm here and you're not" he says giving me a tight hug.

"I missed you too Aubs"

"Look at you all fresh faced and no makeup and shit"

"My skins healthier than a mofo"

"Are you here to stay?" He asks.

"No. I have a flight to catch later" 

"You going back to the mystery land you won't tell anybody about?" He asks. 

"Introduce me" I say ignoring his comment.

"Andre this is my favourite person in OVO ever, Nakita. Kita this is the dancehall legend Popcaan" he says giving introductions.

"It's nice to meet you"

"Yuh a di famous Kita everyone be talking about" he says with a smile.

"Oh people talk about me in Jamaica?" I ask.

"Dem man love yuh. Yuh a di music angel dey call yuh"

"Let's see if I still got it"

"Kita stop pretending like you ain't been working whilst you been away" Drake says and I hold my middle finger up.

"Play me the song Aubrey" I say as I shake my head. I can't help but to bob as the beat plays.

"This is crazy dope. This is Freddie's work right?" I ask. 

"Yea but it still needs work and we need you"

"Wass good?" I hear his voice as he enters the room. I haven't heard or spoken to him since I left. I've lay awake at night thinking about him but I haven't touched alcohol so there's none of that drunk texting.

"Ah AJ. Wahgwan bredrin?" Popcaan says. These two know each other?

"You think you light skinned smh. Taking your god damn time" Drake says teasing.

"And you think you white. Being early and shit" I say.

"Awww your girl still sticks up for you" neither of us respond to that. He still hasn't told anyone?