.30

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Wednesday October 22nd 2014
Toronto, Canada.

"Kita" my office door opens revealing Drake.

"Omg you're back! You said you weren't finna be back soon" I jump out of my seat to give him a hug.

"I had to surprise you. Cheer you up"

"Okay everyone keeps saying they wanna cheer me up but I don't need to be cheered up anymore. I'm okay"

"I'm okay isn't good enough. I want I'm great."

"You know what? If you want me to be great, please can you sit in with my recording studio session with Jahron today?"

"Okay sure. No problem. Can we have that talk now?" He says.

"Take a seat" I motion to my couch. I sit down with him.

"I don't have much time because I have to grab lunch today with Lilah"

"Okay. Long story short... Is there something going on that I don't know about? Like you usually tell me everything but you haven't told me this. Why are you so hurt?" He asks.

"Okay you've been asking me to talk for ages. What is your actual question?"

"Is there something going on between you and Jahron?" I try my best to keep myself level.

"No there isn't. Why do you ask?"

"It's just that before. When you had lunch, he had lunch to get to. You never complained about going to the studio with him anymore. Now you're sad deep down and Jahron is sad"

"Okay that's absurd. You know I despise him. How can you even tell Jahron is sad? Like the nigga never smiles anyways" I don't want to lie to him but there's nothing to tell now.

"Are you ever finna tell me who's got you this sad?"

"I'm not sad. I'm fine. I've gotta go. I can't be late" I stand up.

"There's something you're not telling me. You told Keem didn't you?"

"I told Keem only because I needed his advice since he had a similar situation"

"Which was?"

"Bye Aubrey. Studio at 2:30" I give him a small wave as I exit my office. I don't mind leaving him in there alone.

I get to the restaurant. Lilah is already seated and I walk over, taking a seat.

"Hey babe" she says. I don't like that word at all anymore.

"Hey Dee. Have you ordered?" I say looking at the glass of Coke on the table.

"Yea I thought it was more efficient. You and your job and all"

"Thanks. How are you?"

"I'm great. Me and Taz are amazing right now. He told me he loves me."

"Did you say it back?"

"You know I've loved him for the longest. I'm just so glad he said it"

"Am I becoming a maid of honour anytime soon?"

"You'd have to ask Taz"

"I haven't seen him since the wedding and I don't get to see him often"

"He's always busy" the food is brought over to the table and we both begin to eat.