.50

This is going to be a long chapter. It'll be on their time in Jamaica so read this when you have time.

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Tuesday August 4th 2015
St. Elizabeth, Jamaica.

So Jahron was dead ass serious when he said that he's going to take me to Jamaica. Our plane landed about two hours ago and we are now in the car on the way to his house.

"Kita stop looking so worried" he says as he caresses my leg.

"I'm not worried"

"You're not worried? You look like you bout to have a heart attack."

"Okay I'm meeting your grandparents- your favourite grandparents- can you just shush" he lifts his hands in defeat. I take his hand almost instantly, placing it back on my leg.

"How much further?"

"We're basically there"

"Is this the area? This is a really nice area" I say as I admire the huge houses behind their gates.

"This is the area." I shut my eyes, trying to relax.

"Jamaica is beautiful. The flowers here smell amazing. The sky is blue. This place reminds me of home"

"This is my home" he says to me.

"Are we there?" I say.

"Yea. You can open your eyes now" his fingers dance across my face lightly. I open my eyes revealing a cream house. The driver opens my door, allowing me to get out. Jahron gets out with me.

Before I even have time to evaluate anything, the front door of the house opens. A lady rushes out the house. I'm guessing it's Jahron's grandmother.

"Mi miss yuh so much" she exclaims. The smile on her face is apparent and it's the same one on Jahron's face. They engulf each other in a hug.

"I missed you too mawmaw" I stand there in all my awkwardness but it's apparent he has a good relationship with his grandmother.

As she pulls out of the hug, her eyes are glistening from the tears.

"You'ave grown up suh much. Be polite na'. Introduce wi baby" she says looking at me. She has a smile on her face. That's a good sign right?

"Mawmaw this is my girlfriend Nakita. Kita this is my grandma, Mawmaw" he says looking between us both.

"Hi" I say softly.

"Come, come sweetie. Gimme a hug" I walk into her arms and she gives me a hug. I give her a hug back; there's something welcoming about her. Mawmaw links my arm through hers before leading the way to the house.

"Oooo 'ave you tell har' about mi cooking?" She asks Jahron.

"Not yet no. Mawmaw makes the best food ever. What we got today?"

"Boy yuh haffi wait na'"

"Where's pawpaw?"

"He an' uncle Jamie inna di garden" I love her accent. It's so pure and it just flows off her tongue. All my nerves are gone.

"Uncle Jamie is here?"

"Of course him here. Him always here fi yuh" I've got the slides, which Jahron got for me on. He doesn't take his sliders off when we enter so I don't either.