.01

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Monday September 31st 2013
Toronto, Canada.

"Kita you got a meeting in 10" Dawn says to me as she pops her head round the door.

"Thanks D" I say, groaning on the inside. What's worse than a meeting on a Monday?

I pick up my files off my desk. I flick through making sure I've got everything I need. Once I'm certain, I get up and make my way up to the board room.

The door is open and a few people are in here already. I sit patiently as the meeting begins.

"This is the most intense leg of your entire tour but it's the North America one. It'll be simple and easy. You know how it goes." I say as I use the iPad to control the TV.

"The first leg has 38 concerts in total. Trust me I know it's a lot but they're spread out over three months." I say looking at what's written.

"Why so many?" his manager asks.

"The fans wanted more. After the first dates went out, they were sold out within 48 hours. So I organised a few more" I say.

"How are the resting periods?" He asks again.

"Well he's finna be on the tour bus so between each show on consecutive days I'd say he has 14 hours of resting. Mic check can be cut down of course by an hour at shows at the same location". I do way more than an events manager. He likes me to manage his timetable.

"That sounds good to me" Drake says.

"I need to start making the phone calls for the European tour. How many concerts are we thinking?" I say.

"20. 20 is enough" his manager says.

**

"Thank you Kita" Drake says.

"It's my job" I give him a smile as he walks with me.

"You're really good at it" He's being suspicious again.

"What's up Aubrey?" I say.

"Can Jahron come on tour with me?" I hate the guy.

"No. It's not even me you're supposed to talk to about that" I say.

"Yea but those guys usually get on board when you're on board" he says.

"Absolutely not. He hasn't even finished his album. What's he gonna do? Sing the same song over and over again?"

"Woww fine. Are you finna go through my songs with me though?"

"You know that's not my job right?"

"I'm your best friend though" he says.

"Fine fine I'll help you but I gotta grab me some coffee" I say as we walk into the kitchen.

"I'm surprised you stayed awake during that finance thing"

"The finance thing you were supposed to be listening to" I say. He leans against the counter as I wait for my coffee to be prepared by the machine.

"We making a profit, that's all that matters. None of it would be possible without my venue hustler"

"Okay Aubrey" I say trying to conceal my smile as we leave the kitchen.