.52

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Sunday August 30th 2015
Mississauga, Canada.

Of course it's the end of the month and I get the pleasure of enjoying dinner with my family and my mother. Of course I'm going to find out what my mother thinks of Jahron even though she hasn't met him.

I take a deep breath before getting out the car. I knock on the door lightly. Vuyo opens the door. The last time Vuyo opened the door for me, was when I had that fight with my mother. And judging by the look on his face, mother isn't happy.

"Good luck" he says patting my back.

"I'm just saying it's time you find somebody. Stopping being Lucas and be Vuyo" I say as I step inside. I drop my purse by the door as usual before taking off my shoes and slipping on some slides. I walk into the living room where Zani is sat on the couch. Him and Jacob both have a beer whilst my dad has his water.

"Hi daddy" I say before kissing his cheek.

"Hi princess." I sit down beside him and look at him.

"You took a boy to meet umakazi hmm?" He says guessing why I'm looking at him.

"Yes I did."

"You like him?"

"Yes I do"

"Will I like him?"

"Vuyo and Zani like him. So do Rose, Lilah, Keem, Stembi and Nadi."

"Wait so everyone's met mystery man but me?" TamTam says, entering the living room with Rose behind her. I exchange a quick hi with Rose before responding to TamTam.

"Who's mystery man?" JJ says following behind her. I open my arms for him and he gives me a hug.

"Jahron is mystery man" I say.

"Rone? Finally Tete"

"Wait wait wait. JJ knows him?" TamTam asks looking offended.

"Yea so daddy I think you'll like him" I say ignoring her.

"But he's in no way, shape or form, South African?"

"Nope and I think that's what I like the most about him" my mother is the last person to walk into the living room.

"Kita I honestly think you should reconsider Noah" I scoot over so she sit down on the other side of my dad.

"Hey mother. Do you even know why Noah and I broke up?" I ask.

"No because you refuse to tell me. But that boy is smart. He went to college, he's South African, he's cultural, he's kind, he's thoughtful"

"Thoughtful? No he is not."

"Come on. We know his family"

"You know his family. His mom is your best friend yet you still have no clue as to why it ended?" I hear the doorbell ring. I look around and there's nobody missing from the family.

"I invited them over for dinner"

"You did what?" I ask glaring at her.

"You heard me" she says as she stands up to go open the door.

"Y'all best have my back" I say looking at my siblings. They nod. I stand up and join them on the couch. This way Noah can't sit next to me even if he tried. JJ comes with me and I sit him on my knee. My mother walks into the living with auntie Tamzin, Noah's mom, behind her.

"Hi mama T" my siblings say as she enters.

"Hi auntie Tamzin" she's my mother's friend therefore there is no need for me to be nice to her especially when her son is Noah. And speaking of the devil himself, he walks in behind her. None of us greet Noah besides my dad. Jacob almost does but TamTam glares.