.38

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Saturday February 21st 2015
New York City, USA. 

So I decided to visit Delilah. I have to let her know I do think of her as my best friend. It's a surprise so she has no idea I'm coming.

I spent a good hour this morning convincing Raye that I slept in Jahron's bed whilst he slept on the couch. I know she doesn't believe me but she's convinced enough for me for now.

Keem picked me up from the airport and I literally told him everything about Jahron and I.

I unlock the door to her house. I go in quietly, shutting the door behind me. I put my little bag on the stairs before tiptoeing into the living room.

"Holy mother of god you scared the living crap out of me" Lilah says.

"Hey best friend" I say cheesing at her.

"Where are you coming from?" She says as she gets up.

"I'm coming from work in Atlanta" she puts her Ben and Jerrys down before walking to me to hug me. I hug her back.

"Kita..." She says.

"Yea?"

"Who's hoodie is this?" Holy fuck. I'm in Jahron's hoodie. I got so cold at the airport that he gave me his hoodie. And I guess I never took it off.

"It's Keem's"

"Okay sit the fuck down now." I do as I'm told. She sits down with me.

"Nakita Thandiwe Ncube. I've been your best friend for how damn long? Since we were frickin 10 yo. And you wanna keep secrets now? I don't care that you ate my lollipop that day what I do care about is that your keeping secrets." I remember that lollipop day. I met Lilah the summer of the year I was banished.

"Delilah. You are my best friend and you know that"

"A best friend you don't tell anything. The hoodie you're wearing now smells like the hoodie that was in the pear and don't tell me it's Keem's"

"Promise me you will not judge me after I tell you this okay? And you can't get mad because I'm telling you now"

"I promise. Please just tell me"

"I've been seeing this boy called Jahron."

"I've heard that name before. Why would I kill you? Who is it?"

"Don't yell. Don't scream. I'm gonna say it now... PartyNextDoor"

"Holy mother of God Nakita. Sex on the beach boy? PartyNextDoor I hate him? Jackass PartyNextDoor? You mean to tell me that you, Nakita, have been seeing I don't find him remotely attractive PartyNextDoor?" She's basically yelling.

"His name is Jahron"

"I need a moment yo" she's already standing and is walking around with her hand to her mouth.

"Okay you're making me really uncomfortable" I say.

"Nah b. I'm confused"

"When did you start seeing him? No no no start from the beginning. How'd it start?"

"Drake asked me to help him on a song. So I did. We went to Drake's party where he turned out to not be a jackass. Went to another party and we fucked"