.53

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Wednesday September 9th 2015
Toronto, Canada.

I've been working on three projects mainly. One with Drake and future whilst the other one is with Mako. He's always releasing some type of mixtape. But my favourite, not to have favourites is 'Views'. And the most exciting thing about views is that I know who Drake's writing about in all the songs.

My work phone vibrates on my desk and I glance over at it. I'm then distracted by my own phone in my pocket. Wednesday is the day I make exceptions to checking my phone. I grab it out of my pocket, looking at the message.

Oiii Wavey - Tsunami🌊

Lani Tsunami? - Nakita👑

Guess who's in Toronto this weekend ☺️☺️ - Tsunami🌊

Is it Oceans? - Nakita👑

I think he's dead yo. But no - Tsunami🌊

Is it Tides? - Nakita👑

Smh no bihhhhhhh stop playing - Tsunami🌊

Is it you? - Nakita👑

Yessss - Tsunami🌊

Stay at mine🎉🎉. - Nakita👑

Ofc ofc. But I've got fashion shoots alllll Friday. - Tsunami🌊

Guess that means Saturday gon be lit🔥 - Nakita👑

I put my phone away as my work phone vibrates again. I roll my eyes to see that it's Jahron.

Are you free? - Jahron🙄✨

Kitaaaaa. Jodeci cry for youuuu - Jahron🙄✨

Do things when you want me toooo - Nakita👑

Aren't we the cutest? That's him telling me he wants me to come to the studio because he needs my help. And me telling him that I'm on my way.

Now you're probably wondering when did me and Kehlani become this good of friends for me to allow to her sleep round my house. I don't have a reason to hold a grudge against her. She's a phenomenal woman. I have a little Cali squad going on as well. Frank Oceans is 'Oceans' and 'Tides' is Chanel.

I grab my purse as usual before making my way to the studio. It's not hard to find Jahron since he's always in the same studio; Jodeci. I open the door to see him sat behind the computer contemplating life.

"Hey Nino wassup?" I say as I shut the door behind me.

"You don't know?" He says.

"Not really no..."

"That file you sent me was from DJ RetroActive. It's a sample of that song you whined to" he says specifying but in a way that makes me roll my eyes.

"Yea so what's up with it?"

"Nothing is up with it. I can't figure out how to change it or to mix it Kita." He's always frustrated when he can't put himself to work or doesn't know how to.

"It's okay Nino. Play it for me" I say. He does as I ask.

"That's a pretty complicated piece" I say after hearing it.

"I know. Thanks for the help" he says sarcastically.

"Okay don't get sarcastic with me. The first step is to take it apart and listen to it layer by layer remember" I say. His eyes meet mine.