.06

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Wednesday December 25th 2013
Cape Town, South Africa.

I've been in South Africa for the past five days and it's finally Christmas today.

I jump into the shower and get cleaned up. Once I'm dressed and finished, I hop down the stairs.

Now my auntie's house is massive. I have my own room because you know, my mom shipped me off to South Africa. This is the place I call home though. My soul belongs here.

"Morning guys" I say to everyone who's sat in the living room which is mainly the dads; my tata Themi, my dad, and uncle JP.

"Ikrismesi emnandi" tata Themi says. (Merry Christmas) He's my auntie's husband so he's basically like a father to me. I admire the Christmas tree and all the colorful gifts beneath it before leaving the living room.

I walk down to the kitchen where the women are making breakfast.

"Morning" I say and get the responses. I give my auntie Shayla a side hug. The only other people in there are my mother and TamTam obviously.

"It smells good in here" I say before leaving. I go to the front room where my favorite people are.

"Merry Christmas niggas" I say walking into the room. I dive onto the couch beside my favorite cousin Raye and put my head in her lap. She lives in Atlanta so I don't get to see her often. She moved out of Toronto.

"Someone is in a good mood today" Stembi says. Cassie is sat beside her fiddling with the remote control.

"Definitely. It's Christmas" I say grinning at her. Holiday season is my favorite season.

"We been waiting for you though, we can finally start the movie" Zani says as he flicks thorough the movies. If there's any movie we watch on Christmas it's 'Mr bones'. The evening movie is the 'Gods Must Be Crazy'.

"Pass me some still" I say looking at Lucas. The bag of peanuts is passed across from Davina to Bonani, Luthando and Mandla who all decide to take some peanuts from it. Those are uncle JP's kids apart from Davina. Davina is Raye's sister and they're both my mom's other sister's daughters.

"Y'all ate my peanuts" I say as I receive the half empty peanut bag.

"They were my peanuts" Lucas says and I hold my middle finger up at him. We soon have to pause the movie so that we can grab breakfast.

Once we've eaten, I try my best to relax but I'm telling you, on Christmas I eat way too much. Food always tastes better on Christmas.

**

"Who wants to come horse riding with me tomorrow?" I ask.

"I do" Raye says.

"You can ride Nadi's horse. I miss my snips" her name is parsnip.

"Vina when you getting married?" TamTam asks as she sits down. I'm currently sat on the floor in front of Davina since she's doing my Ghana Braids.

"In 2015. Why are we talking about my wedding when Stembi is getting married in 8 months?" Vina says.

"Um because Stembi is making us fly out to Cyprus. Expensive ass" I say.