.15

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Wednesday May 14th 2014
London, England.

I've been teaching the group the steps to the wedding dance. Terroll is a good dancer and he's helpful when it comes to explaining and teaching the footwork.

There's three parts to the wedding dance. The first dance is the pantsula which is definitely an eye catcher and helps to clear the floor. My cousins are extremely good at pantsula and it's what requires the most footwork.

The second part is the bridal steps with the bride. Stembi is no dancer but she'll be in her wedding dress so she doesn't really need to do much. The bridal steps take up the entire hall so I have to have access to the hall a few days prior to perfect the steps.

The third part of the wedding dance is the traditional dance. This is my favourite part because the culture just flows through. I can also show my flexibility with the high kicks.

"Not to be jarrin or nuttin but Thandi how the fuck am I supposed to learn three damn dances in two months" he says.

"It's not complicated. You guys have the recording don't you?"

"You so damn talented man" he says.

"Thank you. Now come on. Dance" there's literally so many of us here and I've only just worked out how to divide us all after seeing everyone's footwork. We are all doing the bridal steps but only some of us are doing the pantsula and traditional dances as they are a lot harder to do.

"Okay Terroll how we gon do this?" Since he's talented. He stayed over last night after the Lobolo and I taught him the bridal steps into this morning.

"We can have 4 of us in the front. Me you, Zani and Sola" we position everyone.

|Terroll |Kita    |Sola |Zani
|Vuyo |Raye
|Alex |Vina
|Mandla |Nadi    |Evelyn |Bonani

The pattern continues until the back where Stembi and Sam are. There's 11 pairs including Stembi and Sam. We will dance through into the hall anyways so it works. Then we'll spread out allowing the bride and groom to come down the middle to the front. So then there will be three pairs at the front and two lines of four behind us.

The entrance steps are the easiest for them to learn and the entrance already looks good without trying too hard. But as soon as I break out into the steps, some can't do them with the right foot as they're left footed.

"I'll take the left foots and you take rights" I say. I'm left footed but I dance with my right.

"Okay"

**

After taking a shower, I get changed into my bra and panties before walking into the bedroom. The door opens and I look up to see Nadi.

"You said I could do your makeup" Nadi says.

"Yea and I'm not even dressed yet" I grab my top off the bed and I pull it over my head.

"Omg Kita are those love bites" she says. I pull my shirt down. "They are aren't they? Do you have a man?"

"Who has a man?" Raye says as she walks into the room.